I just updated my blackberry bold to 5.0 software. The only problem with the software ... General Blackberry forum

DarkSmooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208765DF

Blackberry 5.0 Software problems

Advertisement

I just updated my blackberry bold to 5.0 software. The only problem with the software is there are no IM programs ex. blackberry messenger, facebook and windows live messenger. Is there any way I can the 5.0 software on my phone and have IM installed too. If so is there a way I can have BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 installed with the 5.0 software.

JXB25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    as of right now i dont think u can but I heard they are suppose to b a leak coming out to where u can actually have those on the 5.0 OS

webterractive no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 5.0.0.314 on 8900

You have to manually install these programs via Blackberry Browser. Blackberry Messenger is download as well and installed by default. I would probably refrain from using OS 5.0 right now as it isn't quite ready yet but it's almost there. I'm using V5.0.0.314 on my Blackberry 8900 and I've noticed some good improvements in overall speed and memory allocation. Before with my V4.6.xx I had between 107-112MB of free space on the device, now I have 125-136.1MB of free space thus the speed boost. But there are problems though all messaging functions on email and text work correctly some things have been changed. Conversations are like the iPhone in the form of text to text viewing, but if you reboot the device or power off the device the conversations are gone. As for the speaker phone well it's gone as well, when you hit the speaker phone device you get the headset function. Boot up is fast and the browser seems better. It's a work in progress but definitely not ready. You can customize your themes now, but it seems like the device borrows heavily from the Storm series UI.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I cant wait for the official release
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

kingpetar no está en línea Stack level 1
    i did the 314 on my bold..not worth the trouble, battery is terrible alot of bugs..now im having issue's going back to 301

jwhite82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B19EF6
    i think my bbm is eating my memory. every since i started using bbm my phone seems to freeze alot more. bbm is for blackberry. makes no sense. they need to take bugs out of bb. especially having to delete event logs and havin to do battery pull,quick pull etc. its a 500 dollar phone. and also havin problems when deleting on Opera. it keeps deleting when i press delete unless i press another button. these phones are too expensive to have these problems.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/1186; U; en) Presto/2.2.0