Hello all i was wondering, my Grandma is looking to get a blackberry 8800 but ... General Blackberry forum

BBATT no está en línea Stack level 2

Black berry for grams

Advertisement

Hello all i was wondering, my Grandma is looking to get a blackberry 8800 but i am worried that she wont be able to use it quite as easily as somthing else, she wants it because it is larger and easier to hold than a really small phone like the krzr but idk how easy the ui is i heard that he sidekicks have a very simple ui so is it anything like that?

Re: Black berry for grams

Quote Originally Posted by BBATT
    Hello all i was wondering, my Grandma is looking to get a blackberry 8800 but i am worried that she wont be able to use it quite as easily as somthing else, she wants it because it is larger and easier to hold than a really small phone like the krzr but idk how easy the ui is i heard that he sidekicks have a very simple ui so is it anything like that?
    If her reason is the size of the phone/keyboard/screen, I'd go with the 7290. Full-on spread out QWERTY, so she doesn't have to learn T9, good, large size, and a bright color screen. A lot less money than the 8800 too, and equally as functional.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Let her try the 8800, SK 3 and SK iD. If she doesn't like the 8800 try the SK 3 or SK iD.

egale no está en línea Stack level 1

The 7290 although solid does not come near the 8800 in term of screen quality. The 8800's screen is bright and clear and the 7290, well, its not an 8800.

The ui is fine on the 8800 too. Grams will be happy with the 8800!

well see the thing is is that she recently had a book published so she needs to keep up with her emails and that is what bbs are known for shesends and recieves ALOT of emails every day so an sk3 or id i dont think would be the right choice which is why she was considering a bb but she isnt too tech savy so you can see her problem oh if you waant to know what the book is it is called "Fine Art of the Great lakes" (we live in MI.) you can buy it at barnes and noble and amazon but anywho this is about bbs right so would she be able to use a bb if she isnt that tech savy?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

The 8800 would be good for your Grandma. I think that's awesome that she wants to get a BB!
    Send her to the Stacks too We will help her out.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes, the people here are great and I usually have an answer to my questions in mere minutes.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    The 8800 would be good for your Grandma. I think that's awesome that she wants to get a BB!
    Send her to the Stacks too We will help her out.

Aloha lava!

She would fit right in! come on down G-ma!

lol thanks guys ill tell her to check out the stacks, the most helpful forum that i have EVER! been on

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad that I saw this, my g-pa just got an 8800. He really likes it. He couldnt believe that it really was as great as I told him.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas