Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The missing ball only occurs when the bricks have dropped down one space and the ... General Blackberry forum

babablacksheep no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bizarre BrickBreaker Glitch!

Advertisement

The missing ball only occurs when the bricks have dropped down one space and the ball goes in between the brick and the top wall, or with the ball caught on the paddle right next to the wall and you shoot it towards the wall at the most accute angle.

Avoid the first scenario by simply bouncing the ball twice on the paddle before starting to aim for the bricks. The bricks will fall down one space for each time the ball hits the paddle and therefore you will never lose your ball. Avoiding the second scenario is a bit easier

Current high score is 290620 with 77 lives remaining. About 10 days playing on the train into work (passes the time I suppose!)

Doogrin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

I've had the ball disappear too, thought it was pretty funny.

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Quote Originally Posted by babablacksheep
    The missing ball only occurs when the bricks have dropped down one space and the ball goes in between the brick and the top wall, or with the ball caught on the paddle right next to the wall and you shoot it towards the wall at the most accute angle.

Avoid the first scenario by simply bouncing the ball twice on the paddle before starting to aim for the bricks. The bricks will fall down one space for each time the ball hits the paddle and therefore you will never lose your ball. Avoiding the second scenario is a bit easier

Current high score is 290620 with 77 lives remaining. About 10 days playing on the train into work (passes the time I suppose!)
    I've had the disappearing ball as well...but more importantly...how do you score so high? I don't understand these astronomical high scores... seems impossible. Or could I be THAT uncoordinated?

sexirexi no está en línea Stack level 1

I've experience this so many times before. I think I was at like 250 000 with like 75 lives left and it happened. I would like to believe I could have beaten the high score by now lol.... but I've worked my way back up again. Its at 367 330 with 105 lives so I'm going to keep my fingers crosses that it doesnt happen again. Clearly I have alot of time to waste

drudge no está en línea Stack level 3

lol u crack me up, im pretty sure i only get 8k high score on that game. no idea how i managed that, cant get close any more

gfskeez no está en línea Stack level 1

A few things... After 2 levels, everything slows down. If you can make it through 2 full levels (34 boards each), the game slows down. It took me 50 games to make it this far. So, my high scores were in the 32K range. After I made it through, my very next game was 83K, and I reset when my ball got "lost". I now realize if you let the application run, and run, and run, the ball will oftentimes come back. Another poster mentioned this, he is correct. Although, I'm in his boat NOW, the very next game after the 83K, I have 393K with 138 lives remaining and the ball has been stuck for a few weeks. I only let it run when I have time, but it's not looking good. However, to get this far, I've had the ball stuck a few times and waited it out. You average about 17K per level of 34 boards, so I've cleared about 800 levels. I think the high score is 5 million, so that guy (his name is Don Eisenhour) has cleared 10,000 boards. He must have a lot of free time on his hands. Again, clear the first 68 boards or so, and the ball slows down, making the game easier. Also, one poster said to hit with paddle a few times to avoid those upper "holes" that cause your ball to be lost, this is what I do too.

I'm currently stuck in the exact spot as Art shows in his YouTube video. Ugh! I have tons and tons of time invested, so I'll wait it out.

Every 34 boards I pick up 5-8 lives, so get through the first 2 levels of 34 screens and you can play forever. Gary

alexg_89 no está en línea Stack level 1

i get this problem as well in level 32. does anyone know how to get the ball back because i do not feel like restarting.

alexg_89 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do people get such high scores. im at level 32 out of 34 and i only have 16,830

rainydayz no está en línea Stack level 3

I just started playing this game last week so the highest I've gotten is level 9 with a high score of 4100. Now I'm really sucking because my ball disappeared on level 6...that's how I found this thread.
    It is whatever I say it is...

streetlightlily no está en línea Stack level 1

Just happened to me twice in a row on level 17, a level I rarely get to see because level 16 is the bane of my existance. Currently my highscore is 15360 on level 29
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DBacksWin1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Bizarre BrickBreaker Glitch!

Has anyone had another glitch where the ball bounces a certain amount of times and then stops with a "Try Again" message? This happens to me every time now. I don't lose a life, but I do lose whatever function I've acquired (Long, Laser, etc.). Some boards are now taking 15-30 minutes to complete because I have to keep starting over just to hit one brick.

Thanks

trevor31 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was on my 6th time around just now with over 79000 points and 26 lives and it dissappeared on me. this was by far the farthest ive ever gone and once you reach this the lives rain down pretty much every other capsul. im disappointed.

kadance no está en línea Stack level 1
    Unfortunately!

puckhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by DBacksWin1 View Post
    Has anyone had another glitch where the ball bounces a certain amount of times and then stops with a "Try Again" message? This happens to me every time now. I don't lose a life, but I do lose whatever function I've acquired (Long, Laser, etc.). Some boards are now taking 15-30 minutes to complete because I have to keep starting over just to hit one brick.

Thanks

yeah this just happened to me last week. I was at about 1.3 million with 700 lives left, and that began to happen if I was on the same level for about a minute. Made it a bit frustrating on level 29, but I figured it would solve the "disappearing ball" risk.

after a while the "try again" thing would happen every 30 seconds and then even sooner. I got to about 1.4 million, and then once I started level 1 again, it happened every time I hit either a brick or the top wall. the problem with that is, there was one brick I couldn't get that no matter how I aimed. so, I had to start again I couldn't even submit the score.

I'm going to try to get up to that level again with fewer lives, to see if that makes a difference.

grlegrl no está en línea Stack level 1

Disappearing ball

My high score was 32020, as of last night it was 99490 and I was on my 5th time through with 12 lives on level 34. The ball disappeared at the top of the screen. Ughhhhh!

I've had the ball disappear many times (much lower scores) and I expected it to happen anytime during this run, but not now...not now. I will wait to see if it returns, because I don't want to give up this score.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast