As I am very new to BBs and have just prchased my first, please forgive ... General Blackberry forum

garm no está en línea Stack level 1

BIS unable to send

Advertisement

As I am very new to BBs and have just prchased my first, please forgive me if this is a silly/common qestion.

I am using the BIS to check multiple email accounts. I can receive and send emails fine on all except the one of my work emails. Similar to several other accounts, this is an account that I generally check online using outlook online (exchange server I guess). For this account, I cannot send email (I just get a red X and the error "invalid email address")m. Notably, this email account is from a system where I could sign up for BES (and in fact tried to before realizing it cost more and I couldn't just do it with BIS). So again, I can receive but not send with just this one account.

Is this a known limitation of the BIS system for places that have BES? Is there a work around?

Thanks for any help.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BIS unable to send

Exchange and BES email cannot send without BES activation on your device.

You can receive by setting up a forward to your device on exchange and as a workaround once received you'll have to set the reply to for the other account used for replying.

To do so login to BIS and set the reply to for one of you accounts to your corporate email address. There are obvious draw backs and thus I would recommend BES express if this is a small company with few BB users.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Not sure if this will help, but it is direct from RIM.

Unable to send email messages from an integrated Microsoft Outlook Web Access account

Doc ID : KB10565
    Last Modified : 2007-08-08
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Internet Service

Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to send email messages from an integrated Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access account on the BlackBerry smartphone. An X appears next to the email message and the following error message is displayed:
    Message included an invalid address.

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. There are too many email messages in the Inbox folder.
    2. There are large email messages in the Inbox folder of the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
    3. When sending email messages using a Microsoft Outlook Web Access integrated account, the name associated with the email account must be the same as the sender's email address. For example, if you send an email message from the Microsoft Outlook Web Access site and the email message appears as help@blackberry.net, then the integration's Email Account field must also appear as help@blackberry.net.
    4. The integrated address does not match the Sent From address of the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
      Note: An error "Message included an invalid address" appears when attempting to send from the device using the service book of the integrated Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
    5. The storage limit for the mailbox on the Exchange server has been reached or exceeded.

Resolution

Cause 1
    There are too many email messages in the Inbox folder.
    Resolution
    Reduce the email message count to less than 900. Email messages can either be moved to an alternate folder (but not an inbox subfolder) or deleted.
    Cause 2
    There are large email messages in the Inbox folder of the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
    Resolution
    Move any email messages larger than 8MB including attachments from the Inbox folder to a subfolder in the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. See the Additional Information section below.
    Note: For BlackBerry Internet Service version 2.x, ensure that the Sent Items folder does not contain email messages larger than 8MB, including attachments.
    Cause 3
    When sending email messages using a Microsoft Outlook Web Access integrated account, the email account name must be the same as the sender's email address. For example, if you send an email message from the Microsoft Outlook Web Access site and the email message appears as help@blackberry.net, then the integration's Email Account field must also appear as help@blackberry.net.
    Resolution
    Reintegrate the email account using the correct email account name. For information about integrating email accounts with your BlackBerry Internet Service, see KB02189.

Cause 4

The integrated address does not match the sent from address of the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
    Note: The error "Message included an invalid address" appears when attempting to send an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone using the service book of the integrated Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.

Resolution

To resolve this issue please refer to the following steps:

1) Send an email message from the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account.
    2) Document the exact Sent From address.
    3) Re-integrate the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using the exact same Sent From address as what was documented.

Cause 5
    The storage limit for the mailbox on the Exchange server has been reached or exceeded.
    Resolution
    Clear the Sent Ittems folder of the mailbox or have the IT administrator increase the storage limit of the mailbox.
    Note: To verify that this issue is occuring, send a messge directly from the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. An error stating that the user has exceeded the storage limit will be observed.
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2029921892
    also

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2029921892

garm no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help. The company is large and has many BB users and uses BES. Rather than pay more to use BES, I'm trying to use my email from the company using BIS alone (I do not have BES).

The problem seems to be most similar to Cause 4 (I do get that error "message included an invalid address"). Though trying to correct is did not allow me to send any email. Maybe it's hopeless. One potential work around would be to reply to messages I get on this account using a different e-mail address. I can't figure out how to do this. When I hit "r" to reply to a message I just received, is there a way to change the account the device sends the reply from?

Thanks again.