I see people talk about bis and bes a lot. What exactly do those terms ... General Blackberry forum

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F

bis and bes ?

Advertisement

I see people talk about bis and bes a lot. What exactly do those terms mean?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    bis = blackberry internet service - for normal joe's
    bes = blackberry enterprice service for those who get work mail as a general rule although you can purchase service on a BES server
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    In a nutshell BIS (Blackberry Internet Server) It gives your BlackBerry access to the Internet. It’s like an ISP, but for your smart-phone instead of your home computer. Every time your BlackBerry gets an email, or accesses a webpage, it does so through BIS

BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) It gives your BlackBerry access to a corporate intranet. The intranet is the private, internal, network within a company. It’s kind of like a mini-internet that is cut off from the rest of the world. Many intranets allow you to communicate with the Internet as well, but with added layers of security.

These definitions are from Crackberry.com

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Should of just searched it.but thank you for the Answer. Oh well more data and traffic for pinstack! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~