Ok, so as recommended, to sync my Gmail Contacts to my BlackBerry I logged in ... General Blackberry forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

BIS 2.8 w/Gmail Contacts Sycn - ISSUE

Advertisement

Ok, so as recommended, to sync my Gmail Contacts to my BlackBerry I logged in to my BIS account and checked the Sycn Contacts button. Then I resent service books and Voila.... duplicate contacts!

Looks like (and I knew this ahead of time) that it basically creates two address books. Not two icons though. So, if you go into contacts and then options you'll see "Select Contact List", at which time I see my BES contact list and my Gmail contacts.

So, sounds ok so far right? Well, I decided I didn't like seeing duplicates so I wanted to disable/uninstall/disconnect the Gmail Contacts Sync. So, I log back into BIS, uncheck the Sync Contacts and... I still have dual contact lists on my device, except now it doesn't give the option to wirelessly sync the gmail account. Now, in having searched for this issue on multiple forums (and finding nothing about this particular issue) I decided to delete my gmail account from BIS, do a battery pull on my device, resend service books and... VOILA! Dual contact lists still there.

I think my troubleshooting has been pretty thorough so far. Any other ideas besides a wipe and reload of the device OS? LOL

Thanks!

Gumpy no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BB contact Sync using BB BIS 2.8

First & foremost your BB device must be running OS 5.0

The easy way to begin syncing your BB is delete your Google contacts prior to syncing & then initiate the auto sync process assuming your BB contacts are current & backed up . Hope this answers your issue.

Because u now have dual entries on both sources, you must delete the duplicates in your BB and start the suggested process .

JR

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Sorry Gumpy, you must not have read all of that and you must not have a BES and BIS setup to sync with Google. It doesn't actually duplicate the contacts. It's created, essentially, a second address book. Now you can go into the contacts app and select the "list" you want, BES or your Gmail contacts or both. By default it selects both, so you see duplicates.

Make more sense? So the REAL solution needed is how to eliminate the "select contact list" feature after having initiated the Gmail Contacts sync.

Gumpy no está en línea Stack level 1

BB BIS 2.8 syncing with Google contacts

If no resolve feel free to phn me at 970-315-2288

If no answer, leave call back # and good time to contact u

JR

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    OK So i kept trying to setup this up & never could. I just deleted my GMAIL account & added it back to my BIS account, sent the service books & I do not have GMAIL on my BB even though when I log into my BIS account its still there.

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wcbratton View Post
    OK So i kept trying to setup this up & never could. I just deleted my GMAIL account & added it back to my BIS account, sent the service books & I do not have GMAIL on my BB even though when I log into my BIS account its still there.
    Well after about 45 minutes my GMAIL account showed up on my BB. I have a 9630 running 5.0.0.230 & would like very much to sync with Google via my BIS account. Has anyone successfully done this with a leaked 5.0 OS?

Whenever I log into my BIS account & check the Sync Contacts box I get a error message saying there was a problem verifying my account.