When I tried to restore data from my old 7230 ( broken screen ) to ... General Blackberry forum

beaufx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20178EFD

big crash on 7230

Advertisement

When I tried to restore data from my old 7230 ( broken screen ) to another one, the process freezed somhow, and after a while I unplugged the bb. Didn't like it.
    Screen went black for a while, desktop shows up only with no sim ( with sim it says:jvm error 200 "reset" - when I hard reset, nothing changes ), and nothing works at all. ( I saw it work correcty before, of course ).
    Desktop looks all black and white, when I select an icon, screen turns blank, it's blackberry blues...
    System is 3.6, previously with t-online but unlocked; my sim is
    sfr/vodafone. Now I'd really love to wipe all the dumb stuff out, an install whatever might work as an OS. Downloaded an os 4, but desktop manager won't find it, on top of things, intellisync fails to work too ( perhaps because I use hotsync on the same computer ).
    Bb is cool stuff, and I love mine - when it works !
    I see that "javaloader.exe" might be of some help, but it's hard to find.
    Can anybody help?
    Thanx
    Check my music : www.bassvocal.com

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: big crash on 7230

You should also upgrade the BB desktop manager software if you want to upgrade the bb software to 4.0.

Yes, the javaloader would help to wipe out your bb. It is included in the BB java development kit. You can find posts about this or search the BB site.

beaufx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20178EFD

Re: big crash on 7230

ok thanks. I'll give it a few more trys.

A+