Hi All, We're the founders of a new web service called Oomble that is currently ... General Blackberry forum

oomble no está en línea Stack level 1

Beta Users Wanted: Unlock the Potential of Your Bold!

Advertisement

Hi All,

We're the founders of a new web service called Oomble that is currently in development. On the heels of our incredibly successful beta release for the Samsung Instinct, we are now looking for beta testers to help us unlock the potential of your Bold.

Oomble is a completely wireless service that lets you manage the photos and music on your phone, all from your computer’s web browser. Sign up for Oomble and you’ll be able to instantly drag and drop your photos and songs from your hard drive or your favorite sites (such as Flickr, Kodak Gallery, Photobucket, Facebook, and MySpace) right into your Bold (and vice versa) with a single click.

Here is what one beta user has said about Oomble:

"This is the app I've been waiting for. One Word = Amazing. Now I have something to brag about to my iPhone buddies!"

Oomble is best experienced on your Bold when you are using WiFi. Oomble does work on the Bold with 3G, but as some of you may have experienced, 3G network performance of the Bold can be unpredictable at times (this is a known firmware/chipset issue for the Bold). We've done our best to make sure Oomble is able to recover from these network issues, so please let us know if you also experience network problems with Oomble.

We are opening general beta registration to only 200 Bold signups (AT&T only, for now), so sign up now to be sure you’re one of the first to try out Oomble!

Just go to Oomble (oomble.com) to signup using Internet Explorer and enter the promotional code: BOLD

We hope you like Oomble! And please do provide us any feedback at comments@oomble.com. Thanks so much.

Best,

Dan and Chris
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-16-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: font

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow, looks cool, too bad I don't have a Bold or I would try it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Hi azstar,

Thanks for the nice comment. We're hopeful that PinStack readers will be eager to try out Oomble on their Bold. We've posted on a few forums, and the chatter about Oomble on some has been super busy and excited, but admittedly on some others (usually having a very small user base), its quite quiet. We think PinStack readers are quite active so we are hopeful for their feedback.

dan

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    only bold? is the javelin next on the list...?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    only bold? is the javelin next on the list...?
    Hi SeRViiCiiO,

Thanks for the question. Yes, other Blackberries are coming (including the Javelin). We are focused on Blackberries with 3G and WiFi because Oomble can use the data network.

DrySuits no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Super simple way to move my pix

I never really had the patience to muck about with getting photos and tunes onto my Bold (or any of my previous blackberries), so I just wasted the media functionality.

Oomble makes this whole process idiot-proof. Take it from an idiot. I had the whole thing up and running in under a minute.

Best feature to me is the facebook integration, since that's where I store nearly all my photos. Looks like it can do the same with a number of other web-based photo sites as well.

Next step is experimenting with the mp3 tools.
    Last edited by DrySuits; 03-04-2009 at 01:57 PM.

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Signed up and downloaded the app on to my bold. Tried to download a picture from my oomble to my phone several times and the phone locked up on step 2 of 2 every time without ever downloading the picture. Wound up deleting the app from my phone. Maybe I'll try again in the future when the bugs are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrvtx View Post
    Signed up and downloaded the app on to my bold. Tried to download a picture from my oomble to my phone several times and the phone locked up on step 2 of 2 every time without ever downloading the picture. Wound up deleting the app from my phone. Maybe I'll try again in the future when the bugs are worked out.
    mrvtx,

Thanks for trying this out and sorry about your issues. So that we can look into your problem and see if we can figure it out, can you let us know if you were on the 3G network or WiFi? We know that there are known firmware/chipset regarding 3G on the Bold and we've tried to address them (my own Bold hangs on the browser all the time when I'm on 3G . . .). Please let us know and we'll work the problem. Feel free to email us at support@oomble.com and we can work through your issues one-on-one if you prefer (if you are still willing!).

Thanks again for helping us during this beta release!

dan

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was on WiFi. We don't have 3G where I live, so if I'm not WiFi it's EDGE.

Running .167 on BES

Sent you an e-mail

AT&T Bold Users,

If, like me, you've been having problems with the 3G, Edge, and WiFi network either continuously flipping or just hanging, I'd encourage you, if you haven't already done so, to do a firmware update by going on your Bold to Settings->Advanced Options->Wireless Upgrade.

Seems this upgrade came out last month and will update your software platform to 4.0.0.217 which fixes a known bug in the radio/firmware interactions and makes the network so much more stable! It's been fantastic since I've upgraded. Oomble (and all my other network intensive apps) works like a charm now! I highly recommend the upgrade.

Best

dan

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    shall try this thank you

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Ill try this beta wht ya need
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Oomble Update!

Hi Everyone,

We're excited to announce some long awaited new features to the Oomble service! We've been receiving great suggestions from all our fantastic users and have been doing our best to continually provide new features and enhancements as requested. Oomble now has the following new features:

1. Ability to create photo albums in your favorite photo site
    2. Ability to drag photos directly to 3rd party photo albums
    3. Multiple delete of photos and music off your phone from the web
    4. Multiple drag of photos to your phone or to your favorite photo site
    5. Multiple drag of music tracks to your phone from your iTunes library
    6. Support for new phone models

Please let us know how you like these new features and as usual, please email us with comments, questions and suggestions at comments@oomble.com and follow us (or tweet about us) at www.twitter.com/oomble

Best,

dan

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmmmm sounds interesting. Do you think you will have it for us Telus user. I have a Tour with 3G (no wifi).
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    dito