Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been with Sprint for several years, and with the introduction of the 8300 ... General Blackberry forum

kdflyer no está en línea Stack level 2

Best service provider for a BB

Advertisement

I have been with Sprint for several years, and with the introduction of the 8300 series, I want to make a change to BlackBerry. Does a Blackberry seem to work better on one service provider than any other? I have never had a dropped call with Sprint, or a coverage problem, but the customer service has deteriorated to an unbelieveable low. I think the BB probably makes the best phone, just wanting to know which provider does the best with the BB.

Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Best service provider for a BB

Welcome to PinStack kdflyer.

Most US Providers have equal service on their Blackberry Devices. That is for an area that has good service on a provider, the blackberry will have good service. This does not mean that for a given point on the map, all providers have equal service. You will find that different members will have different favored carriers. If you are going to switch to the 8300, you will only have one choice for the near future, AT&T, unless you can find an unlocked version. TMO, and the smaller GSM carriers will follow sometime later, how soon no one knows. No rumors have surfaced as to the length of the AT&T exclusive on it.

All that being said, making the choice as to which carriers should be determined by which carrier has the best service in the area where you will be spending the majoritiy of the time on your Phone, and Phone.

Hope this helps
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

I have CING service on my BB pearl and have not had any issues w/it. Definitely my fav all time phone(i've had 30-40 differnt ones). Hands down I have to agree with you, even being a Cing Sales rep, that there is not a better made phone on the market than BB.

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Welcome to Pinstack!

Just be grateful that you do not live in Canada.... we do not have the luxury of a choice... Rogers is a rip off!
    Last edited by Natasha; 05-25-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

In this area we have T-Mobile, US Cellular, Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon. I went with T-Mobile and have no complaints so far. Their plan was alot less ($30 unlimited data) than the others and so far the coverage has been great in places that I have to go. It seems that the coverage is actually a little better than what they show on their coverage maps so I think they purposely are a little on the conservative side when showing their coverage. I only put the data plan on it since I already have cell service with US Cellular.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Their plan was alot less ($30 unlimited data) than the others and so far the coverage has been great in places that I have to go
    I'm with t-mobile and I pay 19$ for unlimited data. BES is 29$.

T-mobile has cheapest data plans.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

As Rcbjr said, the best service provider is the one that provides the best coverage for YOU, where you use the device, i.e. where you live, work, travel, play, etc. Cost is not a factor initially IMHO, because if you have no service, even the cheapest plan is too expensive. Once you get it down to two carriers, then cost should figure into the decision.

I think you also need to look at why you are saying customer service has deteriorated. How much interaction have you had with them? Granted, everyone has a gripe with a CSR if the CSR person didn't let them have their way. Therefore I generally take CSR complaints with a grain of salt. I have found that if I was polite and explained the situation, the issue could be resolved to my satisfaction. If not, I usually understood why not.

nny2k no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    20B57889

I have to agree that coverage is the most important decision maker for me. Where I'm at in PA TMO and Verizon get terrible coverage around my house and inside the house is almost non-existent. Cingular is by far the best coverage plan I've used and the BIS service I have is 19.99/mo so comparable to other plans.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by tashacash
    Welcome to Pinstack!

Just be grateful that you do not live in Canada.... we do not have the luxury of a choice... Rogers is a rip off!
    What about Bell and Telus? Those are also in Canada?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I haven't really seen any proof that any carrier's BB service is any better than any other aside from the matter of coverage which has already been discussed. Poor coverage will cause you more grief than anything else so, again, you need to start by selecting the carrier with the best coverage for your needs. Don't rely on coverage maps. They can't account for real world obstructions that can affect coverage. My house is in an area that TMO's maps show to be in good coverage but the signal is unusable but not bad enough to roam which is why I'm with at&t.

That said, at&t CSR's really, really tend to be clueless. I'm sorry if anyone here is an at&t CSR but I deal with them frequently for my personal lines and for our business lines at work and quite frequently they have either been undereducated or downright wrong in most cases. I recognize that there are good eggs at at&t but when I was with TMO I rarely had such issues with their CSR's. YMMV but my point is that while at&t's CSR's aren't all that great IMO I use at&t because coverage matters most. As wonderful as TMO's CSR's have been to me they cannot improve the network over the phone. As great as TMO's data pricing is, once again it can't improve coverage. A BB without a good network behind it is a very expensive paperweight.

Well, not exactly a paperweight... You can still use the PIM apps and sync over USB but voice calls are out the door without good coverage. Email isn't quite as impacted since messages are small and can be delivered during the brief moments that you do have good coverage. Browsing will be an exercise in frustration if you're coverage is spotty.

If Sprint's network has been very good for you then I wouldn't recommend switching unless you can find a carrier that can provide you with comparable or better coverage.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-26-2007 at 04:09 PM.

ckq53 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4012D195

I have Sprint/Nextel for my BB, while I have great service (phone/data),I have aslo found that dependeing on who you speak to you can actually find a CSR that knows what the hell they're talking about. You may have to talk to a few but you'll get one eventually. Plus for work I have to have the PTT. So Sprint/Nextel is great (for me).

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Best service provider for a BB

Cingular is good, that's who I have , haven't had any problems!!

kdflyer no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow, thanks for all the replies. What a great place to ask questions and get real answers. This is the best website I found for credible answers. Thanks again!

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your welcome! Lol thought I would top that off.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Question Re: Best service provider for a BB

Hi,

Just curious about which part of the country you are in with regard to the coverage. I'm in Little Rock AR - the coverage is ok and I'm sold on T-Mobile customer service but I can't even get EDGE coverage here yet. I'm surfing the internet, very slowly, using GPRS support.

THanks,
    jblackfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast