Ok, I've been around PDA's and PIMS from the early 32k Sharps, Newtons, Palms, PocketPC's, ... General Blackberry forum

mcm30114 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20380ffe

What is the best program to REALLY sync the BB Address Book?

Advertisement

Ok, I've been around PDA's and PIMS from the early 32k Sharps, Newtons, Palms, PocketPC's, and now the BB 7100. Used almost every PIM on the PC and the Mac. One thing seems to be consistent - rarely is there a REALLY GOOD 100% field for field back up of the Address book (or other data applications) within the PDA to the Desktop.

The Best in class was (is?) the Palm Desktop to the Palm OS. There's almost a 100% parity of function there. Next would be MS's Outlook and the PocketPC's where there's 100% of PDA to desktop, but only 80% of Desktop to PDA (There's more fields in the outlook desktop).

Since my employer is using Notes as the messaging system, I'm chosing to use Notes (6) for my Address Book (AB) Synch point. There's at least 2 glaring issues of synch -- 1) lack of a PIN field in the Lotus Notes AB (so that PINS collected in the BB dont go to the desktop) and 2) the ability to have multiple email addresses in the BB data record where there is only one real place in the Notes AB for an email address (and it's usually not an internet friendly address).

So --

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for my observed shortcomings for the PIN issue -- does anyone have a field that they use / map to for PINs in the Notes AB to the BB AB?

2) How to you get Notes to handle multiple email address that the BB handles

and Finally

3) what's the BEST desktop PIM to sync the BB to to ensure that theres a complete 1:1 backup (and accessibility) of the data that's on the BB on the Desktop -- like -- is there a RIM Desktop program for the BB's like Palm has for it's PDA's?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    not quit sure how to reply to this. You seem to already know a lot on this issue. I learnt a few things from just reading your post.

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

Re: What is the best program to REALLY sync the BB Address Book?

Mac and BB is pretty good across the board --it's fairly seamless, and it just works.

.Mac (dot mac) is a separate service where you can buy webspace for backup of bb databases, as well as build and host websites, store files, etc.

These features can be accessed through Pocketmac for BB 4.0.

Way better than having to go through outlook and all that other.