View Poll Results: Do you agree with the article?

Voters
18. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 38.89%
  • No

11 61.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by zyiro i noticed a few people mentioned verizon being expensive. It's not ... General Blackberry forum

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zyiro View Post
    i noticed a few people mentioned verizon being expensive. It's not at all i have 2 lines with unlimited minutes, unlimited sms, unlimted mms, unlimited blackberry internet, unlimited in network calling, unlimited nights and weekends, insurance on both phones. all this on 2 phones and my bill is in the 130 dollar a month range..

That same plan with t-mobile is almost 200 dollars and with AT&T is over 200 dollars.
    I would like to know how you got that plan. Verizon advertises very clearly on their website that "unlimited" minutes is $99 per line, and the blackberry plan and text messaging is additional. Blackberry data is an additional $49.95 per line which puts us at $300 right there. Tack on unlimited texting and insurance at we're at around $320.

I'm not putting you on the spot to create conflict, but those prices are clearly not in line with Verizon's normal pricing scheme. I just want to make sure for the sake of others on the forum that we are not "skewing" the facts.

If you have that plan for that price, I'm switching today.
    Last edited by jusMikeP; 12-17-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Correct figures

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    Quote Originally Posted by jusMikeP View Post
    I would like to know how you got that plan. Verizon advertises very clearly on their website that "unlimited" minutes is $99 per line, and the blackberry plan and text messaging is additional. Blackberry data is an additional $49.95 per line which puts us at $300 right there. Tack on unlimited texting and insurance at we're at around $320.

I'm not putting you on the spot to create conflict, but those prices are clearly not in line with Verizon's normal pricing scheme. I just want to make sure for the sake of others on the forum that we are not "skewing" the facts.

If you have that plan for that price, I'm switching today.

No its fine i dont mind explaining.

when i signed up for my plan i was able to get a individual unlimited plan for 99.99 a month its now 119.99 a month. I was also able to add an additional line on for 9.99 a month and then we have the two BB Access plans for 29.99 each. I also get a 24% discount on my bill through my company.

so you have

99.99 (unlimited minute plan)
    +9.99 (additional line)
    +29.99 (BIS access)
    +29.99 (BIS access)
    ---------
    169.96 (total before discount)

-24% (discount)
    ---------
    129.17 + taxes comes out to about 140 a month.

the 99.99 plan includes unlimited minutes, unlimited text, unlmited pic and vid messaging, unlimited instant messaging, unlimited in network calling, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited nationwide long distance, plus all the other crap like voicemail 3 way and so on.

i just looked at my last bill and it came out to 147.xx there were a few other items on there that was purchased like ringtones.
    Last edited by zyiro; 12-17-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    if sprint is so much better? the crappy marketing they have can't and shouldn't have to keep them from drowning in their own crap. VZW is on top, just where they belong.

Service is what keeps customers, not advertising.
    You are so right. That's why sprint still has a ton of customers. Their CS isn't too great, I can't say suck because they called me when a fraud was attempted on my account and they took care of it. I didn't have to do a thing. Their coverage and plans in my area is the best, especially for a BB user. That's why I have been with them for over 6 years. Maybe you need to give them a try and see for yourself and save some money. Oh and their debt isn't because of their service and their plans, its their bad business decisions that's pulling them under. And let's not forget that were in a recession.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Zyiro, everyone doesn't get 25% off of their phone bill. So you can't say your plan is the norm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think you are mistaken, you can add additional lines to your account for $9.99 with a fixed minute family share plan. The "unlimited" is $99 for the first line, and $99 for each additional line. That is pretty much the standard rate for all or most carriers. With AT&T, I can add additional lines to my family (2100 minute) family share plan for $9.99, but if I want "unlimited" minutes, it's $99 for each line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12