Hi everyone, I attend a lot of tradeshows and get many many biz cards on ... General Blackberry forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Best Application to scan bizcards into phone

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I attend a lot of tradeshows and get many many biz cards on a weekly basis.
    I am looking for a solution to get the data from the biz cards into my contacts.
    I read somewhere that there is a scanning solution software for the BB but I do not know how good it is.
    I also might consider other options such as a system that scans and loads the contacts in a.csv file but then the question is how would I import the data in the contacts?
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Just read a review about one called Business Card Reader from SHAPE Services, a developer that frequents the boards here. Sounds like it would do the trick, but your device has to have auto-focus, which I believe the 9700 does. Probably find it in AppWorld.

Roger, I heard about it as well and read some reviews which are 50/50.
    I might have to go the old route and get a bizcard scanner and sync the BB with outlook.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Might be cleaner that way anyway, tess.....most of the apps I saw in AppWorld are rated about the same. Would be an easy choice if there was one in there that was 5-star rated!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think any of these apps for the phone would ok for one or two cards to be scanned into your contact list, may be slightly faster than typing, but they also seem to require having the information sent to a server for conversion and then sent to your phone, which I think I would find frustrating. When it comes to a lot of cards I think a scanner for the PC/Mac is the way to go, there are a number of different ones out there, all of them portable, (I personally use a couple of different ones, my favorite being NeatReceipts as it provides a good functionality for handling expenses receipts etc as well as the cards, plus it will scan documents/pictures and is very portable).
    Just my 2 cents worth.

I got cardscan and within 1 hour my desk was biz card free! Then with the new 32bit Outlook I was able to simmply import everything into the BB!