Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hell all not sure if this has already been posted. But I am currently on ... General Blackberry forum

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

BES vs BIS

Advertisement

Hell all not sure if this has already been posted. But I am currently on a BES account and thinking about switching to a BIS account. I have heard rumors but none confirmed that if you go from BES to BIS all some applications will stop functioning. Do any of you know if this is true or not? If so which apps doesn't function well with a BIS account. I am on cingular by the way.

Any help would be appreciated.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BES vs BIS

Anyone done this before??

Not sure what would not work on BIS that does on BES. I have BIS with Tmo.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have BES and BIS, Ive never heard of an app that wont work on one but will on the other.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Me either, I never heard about this issue as well. hmmm..
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

lol - i talked to a few other people with bb and they said that this was an issue. But will make the switch tomorrow and see what happens.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am on bis. Work offered me to be part of their bes. Reasons I didn't?

A: privacy. From most of my understanding most of what you do on BES can be monitored. No thank you because I use my BB for more than business.

B: If the BES crashes or power goes out at the location that the BES server is located are at, you won't get ur emails right away or until the system is rebooted.

Dunno if either of the above is 100% true (I am not that skilled in BES) but until I know for sure, I am sticking with BIS.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Sometimes BES limits what you can download and install on your BB too.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Trott
    Dude, BIS is so much better. Especially on cingular, which you are on. 29.99 a month for unlimited data. It's wonderful. Get BIS!
    Actually Dylan, this is totally wrong. A corporate or hosted BES allows wireless two way email reconcillation with an Exchange Server, including all folders in your server account, just like Outlook using the Exchange server does. It also allows wireless sync of your calendar, contacts, tasks and notes that are on that server.

BIS only allows one way reconcillation of certain accounts and polling of others. There is no wireless sync of contacts, calendars, notes or tasks, except by bluetooth when around your PC, if so set up.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Sometimes BES limits what you can download and install on your BB too.
    It is not the BES that limits this, but it does allow the BB Admins to apply policies that do limit what can be done with connected BB devices. This is to allow protection of corporate assets, networ, and intelectual property. And one reason to be very carefull about connecting a personal BB to the Corporate BES. Now a hosted BES is a different story.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You do have a BES Option, you can subscribe to a Hosted BES. There are several companys that do this. Basically, for a minimum monthly fee you get an email address and space on an Exchange server with BES connection. Probably not for you, but for a small business that needs the connectivity provided by this for a few employees, it could be a cost effective option.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Trott
    Thats cool. I'm only 14 I don't need a BES ha ha.
    LOL

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

To make a long explanation short, as rcbjr mentioned, the BES solution is still above and beyond better then BIS. Yes, BIS 2.0 has become somewhat a smaller version of BES, especially with the ability to push Yahoo mail (sorry cingular guys), but with the ability to wirelessly synch your outlook contacts, notes, calander, and tasks using the BES, there is much more ability.

Example. My bb is lost, stolen, or just completely broken. When the replacement comes in, I do a wireless synch, and bam. Everything is back. My address book, calander, notes, applications, even the position of my icons if changed, font and size. Its basically a backup of your entire unit, wireless.

Also, you can have both worlds, BES and BIS, at the same time. I do that, as I am on my company BES, and also push my Yahoo mail to my BB on the BIS. The BIS cannot be seen by your BES admin, as it never touches the BES, so you still have 100 percent privacy.

Hope this helps a little more!

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Hey, ya never know! There are some 14 year-olds out there who have their own businesses and make a boatload of money! And I'm totally jealous.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Something else that's really cool about BES if you lose your bb is that the Admins can remotely wipe and disable the bb so if you have any confidential stuff on it there's no risk of it being read by anyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast