hi all, i'm still fairly new to all this BB stuff, and just took over ... General Blackberry forum

jalapeno no está en línea Stack level 1

BES and new users

Advertisement

hi all,

i'm still fairly new to all this BB stuff, and just took over a new network, with about 30 BB's, with BES.

just a simple question. lets say, a user leaves the company, and i have to give the BB to another user. if i take out the old sim card and put in the new sim, i've noticed that once i connect the wireless, emails from the old user comes onto the phone straight away, that is even after i wipe the handheld.

is there a certain way you remove a user's "account" from a device? what is the correct process in giving a used blackberry to another user?

PT

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Once you have wiped the device (to eliminate the old data) go to your carrier's Blackberry email set up and delete the old account and setup the new email account for the new user. You should also be able to do that using the email setup on the Blackberry device itself. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    You would need to remove the old user's account from the BES server itself. That way the server doesn't still think the old user is in the system.
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Last edited by Djmarbll; 09-21-2009 at 11:50 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Opps! You did say BES - overlooked that. Sorry.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jalapeno no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi Djmarbll

thanks for your reply.

so when a new user is created in BES, it is automatically linked to a BB phone when enterprise activation is performed? and the only way to unlink the user to a phone is to delete them and to re-create another user, is this correct?

because wat i'm seeing at the moment is that, once i get a phone back from a user, i can put in my sim card, and i'll still get the old users emails, which is wat i don't want, i want to plug in a new sim card, turn on wireless, and not receive anything until enterprise activation is done.

PT

bamared no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jalapeno View Post
    hi Djmarbll

thanks for your reply.

so when a new user is created in BES, it is automatically linked to a BB phone when enterprise activation is performed? and the only way to unlink the user to a phone is to delete them and to re-create another user, is this correct?

because wat i'm seeing at the moment is that, once i get a phone back from a user, i can put in my sim card, and i'll still get the old users emails, which is wat i don't want, i want to plug in a new sim card, turn on wireless, and not receive anything until enterprise activation is done.

PT
    What you need to do is wipe the phone once you get it back from the user and remove the user from the BES. Add the new user to the BES, setup EActivation and then on the BB, activate it with the new user email and EActivation pass and you should be good to go.

-BR