I searched for this issue but can't seem to find anything... I am due an ... General Blackberry forum

superlase no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BES and BIS on the same device?

Advertisement

I searched for this issue but can't seem to find anything... I am due an upgrade and want to go for the Curve 8900 on Vodafone UK (I currently have an 8300). Although I pay for the contract (prosumer)and its in my name it is a work device and I want to be able to use the corporate BES as well as my personal e-mail. The first guy from Vodafaone told me it was no problem to have a BES compatible device but when speaking to another CS agent I was told I have to have a business account for that. Does anyone else have a personal device that is BES compatible on Vodafone UK?
    Thanks

sethai no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's not the device problem but rather that an BES service can't be activated on your tariff i think.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    ~via smartphone~that is correct, you need an Enterprise device, not the Prosumer stock that the retail stores stock, and you need to ask for the BES bolt on, which consumer CS agents normally can't activate if your not a business user. You don't need a Business tariff just your status changed to IBU (Individual Business User)

sethai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by benritmeyer View Post
    ~via smartphone~that is correct, you need an Enterprise device, not the Prosumer stock that the retail stores stock
    As far as I know you don't need a new device someone just need to change the assigned BB service (from a prosumer version to a corporate one) in the RIM provisioning system.

superlase no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by benritmeyer View Post
    ~via smartphone~that is correct, you need an Enterprise device, not the Prosumer stock that the retail stores stock, and you need to ask for the BES bolt on, which consumer CS agents normally can't activate if your not a business user. You don't need a Business tariff just your status changed to IBU (Individual Business User)
    Thanks for the help. I spoke to a business rep and he set me up as an IBU although there is an extra charge for the BES. The consumer guys had no idea this could be done. Now I just need my IT dept to be able to activate it...