Hello, I'm a new BB user. I went with the pearl due to it's size ... General Blackberry forum

jimbosyn no está en línea Stack level 1

BES adding personal info to corp calendar

Advertisement

Hello,
    I'm a new BB user. I went with the pearl due to it's size and so far, I love it. I have a problem that I have not been able to find a solution to.

I am a pocketmac user and can sync my data to my bb without any problems. I am also connected to my companies BES server. The problem I'm having is that all of my personal contacts and appointments are showing up in my Exchange calendar. Is there no way to have a separate calender for work vs home? Is there any way to have a separate address book? I'm actually fine with them being combined on my BB, but not on the exchange server.

I appreaciate any feedback or workarounds.

-Jimmy

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BES adding personal info to corp calendar

Welcome aboard. Try to turn off the wireless sync on your BB, that will prevent your BB information from reaching the Exchange Server.

jimbosyn no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, Thanks for the fast response. I'm going to give that a try now. Will the changes I make on my desktop using outlook/exchange still reach my BB if I turn of wireless sync? I guess what I'm asking is this. Does disabling wireless sync affect the push to the bb as well as the sync from the bb to the exchange server?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It will only affect the syncing of your calendar (or whatever app you disable wireless sync in). Really, though, nothing on your BB is truly private as long as it's connected to a company BES.

paradeis no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: BES adding personal info to corp calendar (et al)

Three questions:
    • I have an Exchange Server and BES at the office and Outlook using POP at home. I use wireless from the BES and connect using the wire at home. I WANT to have every appointment that I enter into my calendar (on Outlook at home, Outlook at work, and Blackberry) sync and appear to each other. I assume that the BB will be the conduit and when I enter appointments at home, they are sync'd using the wire and then sync wireless through the BES. I wold also like all of my contacts to do exactly the same thing. Can I do it?
    • When I get mail (which I ONLY get and want through the BES), I get it in Outlook and on the BB. When I delete the mail from the BB, it deletes from Outlook. However, when I delete it from Outlook, it DOES NOT delete from the BB!!!??? The BB is set to "Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld".
    • Is it possible to sync OLD mail (mail that is in my Inbox PRIOR to when I got the BB) from my Exchange Server to my BB?
    I sincerely appreciate the level of knowledge in these forums. Not all of us have a BES Administrator that is that bright.

Thanks,

Deis