The company I work for has decided that we cannot mandate persons to have a ... General Blackberry forum

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Benefits of Password

Advertisement

The company I work for has decided that we cannot mandate persons to have a password on their BlackBerry. I feel as the PDA admin that we should all be using them. I have been put in charge of creating a document outlining the benefits, to us as a company as well as those users, that a password provides. I have the easy ones such as network security and protection of personal information, but was looking for a few others. I will send this document out in an effort to get people to willingly put a password on their devices. Any other ideas on this topic?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Benefits of Password

Hopefully you have "keeping private company data private" as one of the easy points. It's kinda along the network security lines but people seem to forget that there's important information that probably shouldn't be shared with the rest of the world in company email (not that email is secure anyway but that's beside the point).

deparson no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Benefits of Password

But a firm's internal email system can be secure and the link to the BES and then to the handset is secure as well.

The first time the CFO or the VP of Sales/Marketing leaves her BB at the airport and your company secrets are posted on the Web you can bet you will be pushing passwords out real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Hopefully you have "keeping private company data private" as one of the easy points. It's kinda along the network security lines but people seem to forget that there's important information that probably shouldn't be shared with the rest of the world in company email (not that email is secure anyway but that's beside the point).