I purchased a Netgear WNDR3300 router yesterday and have been setting it up for WPS ... General Blackberry forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

BB's through a Netgear WNDR3300 router

Advertisement

I purchased a Netgear WNDR3300 router yesterday and have been setting it up for WPS security with my Blackberry Curve 8320 and Blackberry Pearl 8120. The BB's are now working fine through the router but for the life of me I cannot figure out how I did it. Maybe someone else can give me a clue.

I selected to add a WPS client using the PIN method. When I tried to connect to the router the BB generated a PIN number which I then entered on the router. My question is this: The router says to then press the software button on the client and start the process. WHAT BUTTON?? The only selection on the screen that generated the PIN was the CANCEL button.

Somehow I got past that point and ended up getting connected.

Mark

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well it sounds like you've com across something us slot technicians like to call an F M. F'ing magic, lol.

You can always redo it. But since its working I wouldn't chance it unless you needed to write something up for work about it.

Happy higher speed surfing lol
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Well, I ended up returning the router. This is what I discovered about it:

1. Using WPS on it, whenever my Blackberry's rebooted (like from a battery pull), I would have to go through the WPS setup process again. So I finally just turned WPS off.

2. This router is supposed to have extended range. However, 30 feet from the router I could net get a signal on my Curve and it returned to either edge or SOS. I put the old Lynksys router back in line and the connection was fine.

3. It just was not worth it for the money.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    So why did you want the other router? Just wanted more range or what?
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Yes, I wanted to get more range particularly for my wife's Pearl.