After a bit of searching and playing around today, I got BBmaps to work on ... General Blackberry forum
How To: Blackberry Maps on ATT with OS 4.5
After a bit of searching and playing around today, I got BBmaps to work on ATT with OS 4.5!
First, go to the BBmaps website: (You must use Internet Explorer or IE Tab for Firefox to view the page.)
1. Click Download:
2. Instead of downloading to your device, which will not work because of the phone being on ATT, choose the option to wirelessly push BBmaps to Blackberry users.
3. Choose version 1.2 of BBmaps to download and click next.
4. Click the download button for the language you would like from the list.
5. Enter all the information you normally would when downloading from Blackberry.com
6. Agree to the terms and click next.
7. Click download and save the file to your computer.
8. Now extract the contents of the zip file (a folder called Java and an alx file) to your desktop (or wherever is easiest for you) and install via Desktop Manager. Either "downgrade" the 4.5 BBmaps or erase the existing BBmaps and do a fresh install with this file.
9. After installed, the Blackberry will reboot and probably take a bit longer than a normal reboot. Once started up, you'll have BBmaps fully functioning on OS 4.5 with ATT!
If you have any questions, or would like a pictorial representation of how to use DM to install this, let me know. Have fun!
Last edited by Rota; 05-13-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Wish I could test this, but I'm back on 4.2 now. Nice guide though.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so if u do that ull have the new os 4.5 fully functional?
For the most part. Documents to Go still doesn't support Excel in 22.214.171.124, nor does the HTML email work, but to my understanding HTML email is only on BES. This just brings it one step closer.
Does bb maps give turn by turn directions??
Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?
Yep. The GPS navigation mode is great.
Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
She meant with voice.
awesome find worked great thanks
Oh, okay. I didn't know that.
Originally Posted by reddog187
So the install went fine or so I thought but when I try clicking on the icon I get this...
Any ideas on what I did wrong??
Would love the help cause I had it on AT&T with 4.2 and miss the app...
Which version of 4.5 are you running? This is working on 126.96.36.199 for me, I don't know if it works on the .10 or earlier versions. Also, did you uninstall the BBmaps already on the device before installing this one? I ran into an error this morning with mine and just uninstalled the application via my BB, then went in with DM and reinstalled and it fixed it.
WELL i had .18 and bb maps did not work,followed your steps,got the same error.
Tags for this Thread