I have a question for the community... I have a friend who will be travelling ... General Blackberry forum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID

BBM Overseas???

Advertisement

I have a question for the community... I have a friend who will be travelling to South Africa here soon, they have already purchased their international sim for their voice usage... but I'm wondering will she see any charges associated with BBM use while overseas? I've been "googling" to try and find an answer for this, but didn't find one, so I thought I'd pose this question to the community.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm pretty sure that she will need an international data plan also. Most carriers have an international data plan that can be purchased for a month to month fee, and some will pro-rate it for you. I guess it depends on the carrier. She should ask her carrier about international data charges to be safe. This thread discusses the issue: http://forums.pinstack.com/f8/blackberry_messenger_charges-59457/

PIN/ID
    DROID
    Thanks for the info... as far as I know her carrier does not have an international data plan... she was told she would need to purchase the international sim chip for her voice calls, but mentioned nothing of the data rates.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Who is the carrier?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    DROID

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Should call her carrier customer service. She WILL need a SIM that has data service included. Her carrier may have a overseas provider deal with someone.
    Of course, in many countries you can buy a SIM card with some number of data bytes. Don't know about South Africa though.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    They might not have a data roamin agrement tho, and then she still won't have data.
    "good things come to tho's who wait"