So, I had an unfortunate accident today. Entered a swimming pool with my Pearl in ... General Blackberry forum

mbatm27 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Bberry Can't Swim...

Advertisement

So, I had an unfortunate accident today. Entered a swimming pool with my Pearl in my pocket. No, seriously.

Should I consider it a write off or is it possible to repair?

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't try to turn it on, rip the battery out and put the phone in a jar of dry rice for a few days. Then try it use it. If that doesn't help then you need a new one unfortunately

monim361 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248fd367
    My pearl took a dive in the tub a few months back. I did the rice thing and works pretty good!he does have some brain damage but nothin to bad. Hope everything works come back and update!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mbatm27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    Don't try to turn it on, rip the battery out and put the phone in a jar of dry rice for a few days. Then try it use it. If that doesn't help then you need a new one unfortunately
    Yeah, I pulled the batt almost immediately, but don't have any rice around the house. If the rice works that well, maybe I'll have to go get some.

It was a refurb phone with no warranty, so I'm not looking forward to having to buy a new phone. And once you go blackberry, you don't go back...

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    This is an excellent upgrade opportunity! A new 8110/20/30 or even a Curve! Do it do it so i can live vicariously through you...