Hi guys and gals, Quick question: I delete e-mails from my BB device (lets say ... General Blackberry forum

adamsmithhrs no está en línea Stack level 1

BB update

Advertisement

Hi guys and gals,

Quick question:

I delete e-mails from my BB device (lets say its some spam telling me i have won a date with donald duck).

Then when i go to my exchange box (on my pc) the spam is still there !! Arrggghh nightmare. Is this the correct functionality of BB on exchange manager or do i need to manually sync? or am i doing something wrong?

thanks

Adam

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Check you settings in the Message App Options/Email Reconciliation. Make sure it says Mailbox and HandHeld, and Wireless Reconciliation On.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Adam:

Are you BIS? BES? If BIS, what kind of email is this? If POP3, then I don't think there will be reconciliation in the method for which you are looking.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    My POP3 asks whether I just want to delete it from handheld or both. That's on BIS.

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB update

If you are on BES, go into messages, click the wheel, press R (or scroll down to reconcile now) and click the wheel again - this should force a wireless sync for deleted messages etc.

OB.

adamsmithhrs no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BB update

thanks guys

i am on BES i have sorted it now the reconcile now option sorts the problem out!

cay187 no está en línea Stack level 1

we have exchange server and my work email is forwarded to the BB. before thanksgiving i noticed a change in the blackberry site and now i have another option to delete from handheld and mailbox. i also noticed that before these changes the messages in my outlook stayed unread. i get about 100-200 email a day and im missing them because they are marked "READ" in outlook. how can i tell BB to NOT mark emails in outlook as "READ"??

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Adam, if you tell us how your date with the duck went, I'll let you into the secret of how I made gazillions by facilitating UK banking facilities for Nigerian Princes

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cay187, Welcome to PinStack.

How are you forwarding it to the BB? Did you set up the account in BIS or did you create a rule in Outlook to forward the messages?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

accout with BIS. im using exchange server 2003 and outlook 2003.

under

Thanks for the response!! i am using the BIS account. i can see my work email and my alltel.blackberry.com email account under accounts. they have no filters on either. so it's pushing, i think, from my work email serve to the BB. so when im out of the office i glance at any message that comes in the BB just to see who it's from. well, when i glance at it, it is marked as read in my outlook on my pc in the office. when i get back t the office, before this update happened, i would get a list if all email that came in and it would be like as if i never read it. that was good. now, if i open in BB it marks open in outlook and i dont want that. i want the BB to leave my outlook alone!!!! Thanks.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't think that what you want can be accomplished. BIS is pulling the Messages from the server and pushing to your BB. When the BIS pulls the message from the server, it's as if you opened it in outlook. That is just the way the POP3 works.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

let me ask you this.... why was it working before the november update? there was something in that update that made this change. BB would act aside from outlook. i was using BIS before the update and im still using the same BIS. just weird and annoying dont you think?

cay187

darkgaizat no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having a similar problem. My boss has a bb and he receives emails on his bb, but it marks them as read in his Outlook inbox. He wants this stopped. He connects to our Exchange Server. Is there a way to get this result? He has an account at the bis.blackberry site.

His account is set up to our owa, if this is set up to forward his emails to his bb, couldn't I just turn off his email reconciliation to stop this from happening? I just don't know enough about this to help him myself. (and googleing didn't work either) What's this world coming to?