BB survival guide to jury duty: You will need: A blackberry with wifi An extra ... General Blackberry forum

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

bb survival guide to jury duty

Advertisement

BB survival guide to jury duty:

You will need:
    A blackberry with wifi
    An extra battery
    A microSD card
    Headphones

I'm not quite sure how I survived jury duty b4 without a bb. This time around was quite painless. Fortunately, the city of new york has been generous enuff to provide free wifi in the jury waiting room. I loaded up my 8gb microsd card with loads of music and a few eps of family guy. Between all that and surfing, it's been a day and a half of jury duty and I'm almost done! Mind u, I'm not on a jury, just waiting around to get picked for one. On the DMV scale of painful things u need to do, jury duty ranks an 8, just below moving and of course waiting at the DMV

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just did jury duty a few months ago. There was a mistake and they thought my job was paying me a regular 40 hour week for being on a jury. They weren't so i got picked for a 2 week long trial... All while I had to keep working, the bills have to get paid. This is where I am glad I have major insomnia, so I was used to it. I had to be at jury duty at 10am, finish at 4:30pm, then since We have one car I had to wait until 5pm to get picked up. I got around 4 hours of sleep, if that before I had to be at work at 10pm, then I worked until 6:30am. I then got maybe 30 minutes of naptime before my wife had to drop me off in town at 7:20am.

I would have gone insane without my blackberry and that nice restaurant owner who let me charge up while I ate breakfast.

I then wandered around Stockton, CA until jury duty at 10am. . . about 5 broken up hours of sleep a day for two whole weeks. We had plans on the weekend that we couldn't afford to drop, so I slept as much as I could.

Sorry for length, but just hope you get on a short trial if you do end up on a jury. I loved the experience, was alot of fun.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    You're lucky. The Grant County Courthouse in Indiana prohibits all cell phones inside the building. You can't even carry them if you're visiting the county clerk.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Yeah, most court houses do not allow cell phones w/cameras...that stinks. That's when I take in my Axim X51V and hope my vehicle is less than 35' away so I can tether w/it via BT.

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Well, once I was in an INS building in Houston and they didn't even allow me to use a Palm TX, which is a plain Palm device without a camera. They claimed 'no electronic device inside the building'. That was maybe the longest several hours in my life

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    AAAARRRRggggghhh! That would be a nightmare! I would have to sneak it!

" I didn't know it was there officer."

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    i guess i'm spoiled when it comes to my phone. since i'm have epilepsy i have my speed dials programed for certain people that need to be called in case of emergency my phone goes with me everywhere; i have a note from my physician and i always have my phone, and since it has a gel skin i keep the list of speed dial numbers tucked in the back with the order they are to be called and my medical info.
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.