didnt get any action on the 8100 specific forum, so i'll try my luck here.....thanks..... ... General Blackberry forum

djdc78 no está en línea Stack level 1

bb stalling after password entry (hourglass)

Advertisement

didnt get any action on the 8100 specific forum, so i'll try my luck here.....thanks.....

hello ladies and gents,

i've had my 8100 for a year and a half and it's been great. it's been dropped in a sink full of water, dropped many more other times, been in a motorcycle accident, and still runs great. but recently i've been having a strange problem that i haven't found an answer to with the search function. everytime i put my password into the phone to unlock it, it stalls for a couple seconds. sometimes an hourglass will appear sometimes not. i'll put in the password, and movement with the trackball or keyboards doesn't work till after a couple secs. it's been a bit of an annoyance. i upgraded the OS yesterday and disassembled the trackball and cleaned it today. it's still there. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

dc

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I have the same issue with my curve running the 4.5 beta. As soon as I unlock the screen and keyboard it will sit for 3-4 seconds before opening.

I have tried everything I can think of with out intentionally nuking my device. lol
    Selective back up's haven't worked, wipe handheld didn't work (before putting my info back on).

This is a great question. Hopefully one of the many Genius stackers out there will have a response

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Did you remove any extra languages from your phone before the upgrade? When I upgraded to 4.5 i had this problem but i deleted some of the extra language .cod files before installing it so it doesn't stall so much anymore

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    ok here is what i am thinking is the situation. between the two of you do you have content protection enabled on your device?

Yes:

Depending on the strength on CP, after you input your password the device then has to decrypt the data before you can use it and can take a few seconds.

No:

Is this happening after a battery pull? or anytime the device is locked? it could be programs in the background running. have you cleared all local caches? (bb browser, viigo, facebook etc.) do you have the latest os for your device? if all of that is true then it may just be your device.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I do have cp on so thats probably the problem. Thnx

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Nope, no CP.

Battery pull doesn't change anything. It must be the Beta that I'm running.

no content protections here either.

cleared all the caches and freed up a lot of memory awhile back......

it does stall after every time it is unlocked.

thanks.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    well the processor can only handle so much data at one time. its gonna depends on background services. programs running etc
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

noticed something weird today, when I have the BB connected via USB port to my PC, and I unlock the phone, it doesn't stall like when it's not connected....does anyone know what programs are running or initializing when the BB is not plugged in after an unlock? thanks.

dc

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It's odd. I've been having this same problem for a couple days. Then, this morning things are back to normal.

I tried batteru pulls, wiping the device and everything in between. I really can't see how caerier service could effect this, but just in case I'm on at&t.

Hey! Its working better today so I really don't care - but that was annoying while it lasted.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fixed it.....well i was looking at all the security options and advanced settings and then i noticed that i had media card encryption mode on "security password." i changed option back to "none" and it stopped stalling. thanks for all you guys that had some good ideas to the problem, much appreciated.