Hi, I'm a new user of BlackBerry Pearl (Cingular), and this is my first time ... General Blackberry forum

Lissu no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down BB Pearl's backlight problem

Advertisement

Hi, I'm a new user of BlackBerry Pearl (Cingular), and this is my first time posting a forum here. I have a question about a problem I'm having with my BB Pearl.

The screen brightness is set at 100, but after 2 minutes, it turns dark. The screen is much darker than the scrollball, so the ball catches my eyes than the screen. It gets bright again after about 5 min, but goes back to dark in about 1 min.

I called Cingular store where I purchased the device. The guy said it's one of the features that BB Pearl has. He told me to put my fingure on the top right corner of the device where red light blinks, so the device should turn the backlight brighter again.... well, that didn't work with my phone. And even if that works, I don't want to keep putting my fingure over there every 2 min.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or I'm just having a silly experience with BB Pearl?
    I love this phone, just the backlight switching dark and bright annoys me. If this is one of its features, is there any way that I can turn the feature off?

Please advise!!!

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Re: BB Pearl's backlight problem

ya the auto-dim feature sucks sometimes. Fortunately with the newer OSes being able to turn it off has been disabled I'm not sure about cingular but with tmo and OS .64 I can't disable it. There's an app called BBLight here on the pinstack that can tweak the backlight settings but I don't think it effects auto-dim.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

lissu welcome to the stacks!
    sonik is right no control over the autodim, sorry
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Awwwww-.
    The feature can't be turned off...(T-T)
    But it's good to know that I'm not the only one who's unhappy about the feature.
    Thank you very much for the replies! If they ever enable a way to turn it off, please let me know!