Hello everyone. I have a BB pearl and I am having trouble removing messages from ... General Blackberry forum

Britton no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Pearl storage question

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I have a BB pearl and I am having trouble removing messages from my device. If I simply delete a message from my PC inbox or sent items it will be removed from the BB. If however I move a file from the inbox to a specific folder, it stays on the BB device. I tried to archive those folders but the messages remained on the BB. I am using microsoft outlook if it matters. I have also installed the BB desktop program and used synchronize but the messages remain. Reconcile from the BB has also been done. What I want is an exact mirror of my outlook inbox and sent items on my BB. As I move a message from inbox or sent items I would like the BB to delete the file. Is there a way that I can do this? Thanks for you help.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: BB Pearl storage question

If i am understanding your question, no. there is no 2 way wireless reconciliation unless you are on the BES. when you get an email the server makes a copy and forward to the BB. Does not matter what you do in outlook will not change what is on the BB. you can set it to delete on the BB and delete on the email server, but not the other way around. when you connect usb cable to sync it should however mirror outlook and if in conflict resolution you select that the PC wins it will adjust correctly on the BB.

That's mostly correct. I have created folders in my mailbox. When I have finished with the message I transfer it from inbox to the appropiate folder. When I sync those messages still remain. Even if I archive the messages off the server, onto my hard drive, the BB device still contains the message. Any thoughts?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The BB does not look beyond your mail server when it is reconciling. Thats why it isn't removing anything you've deleted from Outlook.

When you sync thru the USB cable to Outlook, IIRC it (intellisync) is only looking at the Inbox, Sent, and Trash folders, since those are the default fields. It doesn't look at the folders you've created b/c it doesn't know that they are there. When it reconciles, it sees a message missing from Inbox, looks at Trash and doesn't see it there, so it does nothing because the PC didn't "win". Confused, intellisync just leaves the message alone on the BB and moves on.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thank you, that answers my question.

StraightLine no está en línea Stack level 1

ok smart bb'ers.

am i right in thinking that you can't reconcile your email on the 8300 unless you're running off a BES ? does that mean those of us individual uses on a BIS can never reconcile ?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by StraightLine
    ok smart bb'ers.

am i right in thinking that you can't reconcile your email on the 8300 unless you're running off a BES ? does that mean those of us individual uses on a BIS can never reconcile ?
    You can reconcile but it is not 2 way reconcile unless on the BES. You can set it to delete off the mailbox when you delete from the phone but not delete off the phone when you delete from the mailbox. Welcome to th3e stacks straightline, hope that answers your question.