I ran into a friend of mine yesterday that just got the new iPhone 3G ... General Blackberry forum

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up BB need more internal memory.

Advertisement

I ran into a friend of mine yesterday that just got the new iPhone 3G 16 gb and he was very excited. I played with his phone a little and it seemed to work great. I need to know one thing though if anyone can give their 2 cents. I believe RIM has been around for at least 5 years right, their phones are supposed to be "SMART" phones made for the business man/woman, right. RIM knows there are many different 3rd party apps/games/ for everyone from business to casual. I presume they also know some business emails can be quite large. My point is this, why does rim continue to make their phones with just barely enough memory to run their phones. You can't add too many themes, different apps, games without risking your phone being sent into the never ending hourglass mode due to lack of memory. The BB still cost between 300-600 dollars so why cant they put in a good amount of memory like say 8Gb or even 16 gb. I dont think many people would ever run into deleted text messages, emails lost call logs, etc. I am in no way an iphone person, I love BB but I dont understand why they seem to give you very little memory out the door. Is it a cost issue because if it is i dont think people would mind paying a little more to get the 16 gb version over the 64 kb version. I know I wouldnt.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09
    business first, play second

that is what the memory card is for

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im talking about internal memory not memory card memory.

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    Is there a way to move some apps to my memory card?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    www.aerize.com

You can move apps there, but you cannot run them from the memory card.

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    That sucks! It would be nice to run them from there, I have always wondered this but wasn't sure if we could.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I wouldn't mind extra, I would be happy if the device came with 1GB.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.52 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hopefully RIM is on top of this issue, and several others, now that they've targeted the consumer market - and have Steve Jobs to contend with.
    I'd like to see the memory addressed and Blackberry's natively incorporate streaming internet radio/video, and podcasts.
    If you have suggestions for RIM, email them!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I definately agree with more memory the better. If or wheb this will happen who knows. I am sure that 8gb on board and the opportunity to throw an 8 gb card for expansion would be uh, sufficent. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mariusmocan no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah BB needs to get on their game. I have a 4gig card but the fact that you can't run apps from the card is really getting on my nerves. You would think that you wouldn't have a memory problem when you are paying top doller on a product aimed for such a diverse audience.

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am totally in support of more internal memory for my BB. When paying the price for a great product why should someone be limited or restricted.
    It is very hard to deside what application u will have to install or uninstall on ure BB to avoid the nagging hour glass and have the right amount of memory to function properly until u suffer this unending memory leak.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I believe RIM has been around since '84. They started with vending machine then moved to text pagers then phones.
    The memory issue shouldn't be one at these days with the cost of high speed memory. Why in their most recent offerings they stll use a incrediably low amount of memory is beyond me...examples...samsung juke 1.8 gigs..ENVY2 80 megs..LG DARE 128 megs..I know the bold is going to have a gig of memory but even that isn't enough. RIM just needs to get out of the tank of the memory card manufactorers... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Quote Originally Posted by caustic View Post
    I believe RIM has been around since '84. They started with vending machine then moved to text pagers then phones.
    The memory issue shouldn't be one at these days with the cost of high speed memory. Why in their most recent offerings they stll use a incrediably low amount of memory is beyond me...examples...samsung juke 1.8 gigs..ENVY2 80 megs..LG DARE 128 megs..I know the bold is going to have a gig of memory but even that isn't enough. RIM just needs to get out of the tank of the memory card manufactorers... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    '

Actually its 128 mb and 1 gig for media crap....
    BB8900 is mine!