O.K. #1 What is the difference between BB messenger, and regular texting? #2 What is ... General Blackberry forum

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Messenger or Text ?

Advertisement

O.K. #1 What is the difference between BB messenger, and regular texting? #2 What is the purpose of "pinging" somebody?
    Thanks!
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    BBM is BlackBerry to BlackBerry messaging. It is not a SMS or an email...it is a BlackBerry Message and is used when you want to have more of a conversation with someone and not just a text or two back and forth and is, of course, only available to BB users.

Pinging could be used to test if that persons device is working properly, if they can receive these messages, etc. That's what I have used it for in the past instead of typing out a message.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f231/what...5/index20.html this answers the BB Messenger question. In a nutshell, Messenger is global and uses data to transmit. Text is...text that you pay per use for. Pinging is usually used for diagnostic reasons or just a friendly ping.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I use pinging mainly to irritate the recipient
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I use pinging mainly to irritate the recipient
    My wife likes to use the ping feature quite regularly when I don't respond to her message immediately!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by amcat View Post
    My wife likes to use the ping feature quite regularly when I don't respond to her message immediately!
    Lmao! And at Chokems response too. Hahaha.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3
    transmitting times on BBM is much faster (almost instant) vs texting (although texting isn't THAT much slower)
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks!
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)