I am new to BB in general and more so to BB Messenger. I am ... General Blackberry forum

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

BB Messenger Icons

Advertisement

I am new to BB in general and more so to BB Messenger. I am having a lot of fun using BBM and have a couple questions.

I see next to the smile icons next to each name. On top of the smiley face I see a couple curves ' ((. ' or a little clock, or an x.

I know the red 'x' stands for Unavailable.
    I think the ((. means unreachable, but how does this happend and why? Is it due to out of service area like I assume?
    I see contact status clock means busy but how do I get mine to say that.
    Of course I have also figured out the bubble with dots means typing, whether it be to me or someone else, I do not know.

Thanks for the help.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I think the unreachable may be because of signal, battery pull, or it could be if the person has their phone off. I'm not sure if you get that unreachable if the person is on the phone. These are just some ideas of some possible reasons. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes.. Those are reaso for the unreachable. And as for as changing your status, go into BBM and click were it says my status.. There you can change it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    Yes.. Those are reaso for the unreachable. And as for as changing your status, go into BBM and click were it says my status.. There you can change it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    However that does not affect the icon status, only adds message beside name. Of course if you choose unavailable it puts an ' x ' on the icon and moves name to unavailable.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    The other icons mean:
    The clock- you have sent a message that has not yet been read, but delivered

The symbol with the smiley looking like its talking: as stated above the contcat you have sent a message to is either on the phone, their device is off or they are out of the service area.

A yellow smiley; that friend has sent you a message that you have not yet read

The red X: you got it. The contact has changed their avalabilty

If you wish to change your availabilty and status you may do so by launching messabger and then hitting your menu key. In the menu you can change all that there.

Hope that clears a bit up. Regards cHAd
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Thanks for the update cHad

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Unreachable can happen when someone is on the phone as well as the data can not go through at the same time. Hehe cept on my bold

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ also if u have wifi and ur talking on the phone u can still chat on bbm. And send and receive bbm. Same with other messages.