I set my profile to ring/vibrate while the bb is in the holster. When I ... General Blackberry forum

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

My BB holster marks email/sms as read. My sounds won't play either.

Advertisement

I set my profile to ring/vibrate while the bb is in the holster. When I get a call/sms/email, my phone doesn't make any sounds, it only vibrates. If it's a message that I get, the bb will open the message folder and mark the message as read when pulling out the bb from the holster. It makes it hard to see what message is new. Is there anything that could cause this or fix it?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: My BB holster marks email/sms as read. My sounds won't play either.

As for no sound go back into your profile edit and make sure you don't have it set to mute. When ever you get an email and you pull your blackberry out of the holster with in about 10-11 seconds of getting notification of the email it will automatically open that message and I don't think there is anything you can do about it automatically opening that email. If you wait about 20 seconds after receiving the email it won't open automatically. I hope this helps...

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger
    As for no sound go back into your profile edit and make sure you don't have it set to mute. When ever you get an email and you pull your blackberry out of the holster with in about 10-11 seconds of getting notification of the email it will automatically open that message and I don't think there is anything you can do about it automatically opening that email. If you wait about 20 seconds after receiving the email it won't open automatically. I hope this helps...
    Thanks for the help.

The sounds aren't set to mute. They just wont ring. I've tried editing and changing profiles. No luck on either. As for the messages, I don't mind that it opens the message folder (it don't open the message), I just don't want it to mark it as read before I read it.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Waldog,

What's up man? If you have the notificatioin for say a gmail account set to vibrate+ring, it will vibrate (however many times you setit to) then it will ring. For some reason, BBs can't ring and vibrate at the same time. That throws a lot of new BB users off.

So, this is how my settings look for my gmail account. When I get a message, it vibrates 3x, then it will make its little noise.

Attachment 5378
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Have you tried a battery pull reset? It sounds like an unusual problem. May not solve it, but if you haven't done it, maybe it will...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    21C43423

Thanks for the help guys. I went in and set it to look like russcrypto's screen. And then I did a battery pull for 30 seconds. It now works. Thanks guys. You're geniuses!

Next time I have a issue, i'll do a battery pull 1st.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

No worries.

A batt pull should always be one of the first things you try. It's pretty much a catch all fix.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.