I'm at B&N looking at David Mabe's "Blackberry Hacks" and wondering if anyone thinks it's ... General Blackberry forum

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

BB Hacks?

Advertisement

I'm at B&N looking at David Mabe's "Blackberry Hacks" and wondering if anyone thinks it's good. Comments???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB Hacks?

I have never heard of it myself.... not that I have time for books anymore
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

good book a couple of useful tips eg receiving RSS feeds on you bb

randpiers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300A3C0C

I like it... informative... i've only had my bb for 6 months... but have found some pretty cool stuff.

you can check it out here: link.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I went ahead and picked up the one copy they had at the local B&N. It was homeschool appreciation week and I got a 25% discount! (Yay! ) I started reading it this morning over breakfast and am enjoying it. I learned a few things and want to learn more of the keyboard shortcuts so I'm not thumbing the wheel as much.

I'm heading for Austin tomorrow for a set of meetings and think I'll drag the book along. I should have some time to read at the hotel. I'll have time to play with my BB too. Oh yeah, I'm also going to ride my motorcycle down there. The weather is looking good...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I might have to check it out.

Have fun on your trip.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the road time. I love road trips.

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to the road time. I love road trips.
    you could play spot the blackberry on your road trip, and let us know how many you saw

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

If you start playing with the Blackberry you won't ever get to the book.

At least, that is my experience!

Lovellbird

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Thanks for the link. I like reading ebooks so this is easy for me. Found it and 2 other ebooks I added to the online Safari account I created.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Enjoy your road trip and drive safely.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Here I am from Austin, Texas. I'm securely ensconced in my motel room, the La Quinta Highland Mall. There was no room at the (Drury) Inn.

The trip was uneventful, although my BB kept going off, between the incoming email and Wife and me chattering.

I found a few dead zones in the Cingular coverage, but nothing too traumatic. Their coverage is at least as good as Sprint's. I do drive some of the back roads on the way down here.

My subjective evaluation is that the radio in the BB is not quite as good as the radio in my Sanyo phone. It's not bad, mind you, but not quite as capable.

I might drive home via the south route on SH 71 to Llano, Brady, and Eden, then north on U.S. 83. There's a big dead zone in Sprint's coverage out there and I wonder if Cingular's is any better.

I stopped once and made some images of wildflowers and some goats in a field. The light was pretty nice but I haven't had a chance to evaluate the images yet. If y'all are interested, I'll post a note when I post to my weblog.

Obligatory on-topic content: I bought the book (as I mentioned before) and am working my way through the content. I would say this is a definite buy for the newbie, but old-hands will probably learn one or two things from the text. It might not be worth the $25 for an experienced crackberry, but it would be worth checking out of the library if your local dead-tree repository has it. ILL it if they don't.

I got a kick out of the hack that lets me turn off the bar-type signal-strength meter and substitute a digital dbm meter in its place.

Well, time for this old man to go nighty-boopers-lights-out! Have fun all you pinstackers! I'll chat at you tomorrow.