So I was sitting at my computer, with my BB in front of me on ... General Blackberry forum

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

BB gone loopy, wet?

Advertisement

So I was sitting at my computer, with my BB in front of me on the desk, and the screen lights up. I pick it up and start playing with it, expecting a call or something. All of a sudden it goes loopy, like the trackball is being pressed, and the menu key is being pressed n stuff. I quickly do a battery pull, and leave it out for about 5 minutes. put it back in, let it reboot, and same thing. There is a possibility my bb got wet(stepped out of the shower to answer a call about an hour before this, with wet hands). Does this sound like a case of a wet bb? Will all be well once it is dried? Help, I'm scared my baby is dying

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I can't see that a little bit of water could cause this level if damage. How wet would you figure it got. Like a couple drips or like hair soaked leaking onto your berry? Maybe make your berry a bed of rice to sleep in tonight to help dry any moisture out overnight. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Really all I did was handle it with real wet hands, not the first time either.

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hmmm, that's odd. I have handled it many time with wet hands... Maybe try reinstalling the OS? ~via BB 8100 (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yah that really doesn't seem right at all. I have answered the phone outta the shower like that too. haven't experienced that.

On your battery there is a strip on the same side as the contacts that is white with a series of red XXXX. If the phone got too much moisture inside the XXXX will become a solid red strip. Check that out. If this is the case then water damage may be the case. If the red XXXX's remain you more than likely have a issue of a different kind.

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!