Hey there stackers I'm back again with another question. I have set up an email ... General Blackberry forum

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Email and Outlook

Advertisement

Hey there stackers I'm back again with another question. I have set up an email account @tmo.blackberry.net and I was wondering if you all could tell me the settings to get my outlook to send/receive my mail. I work for T-mobile and I hold data classes and schedule appointments for tech help for customers and would like to be able to sync my laptop so that I can use either it or my Blackberry to keep up with my mressages and appointments. Thanks in advance for the help I really appreciate it! You all are the best!!!
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: BB Email and Outlook

I'm curious as well =)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

You will need to talk to TMO to get that. There is no one way to do it or one set of directions. You will need the log in, POP3 or IMAP, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, authentication procedure, incming and outgoing ports, etc.

In addition, you really shouldn't be using your BB BIS email address and giving it out. There are NO spam filters on the account and you will eventually end up with tons of unwanted SPAM.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow that is interesting. Why would there not be any spam filters on blackberry's email service. That really doesn't make much sense.
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can't set up your Outlook to connect to the Blackberry Internet Service email server like you can an normal ISP email account. It is not set up that way. If you want to have that type of interaction with your PC and your BB email, you will need to get a hosted BES Service.

Rcjbr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by StatikBB
    Wow that is interesting. Why would there not be any spam filters on blackberry's email service. That really doesn't make much sense.
    There is no SPAM filter on those individual BB addresses. They are maintained and enabled by your carrier, not RIM. Not really much use either.