Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ill try to send an email up to my bb rep tomorrow at work if ... General Blackberry forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

ill try to send an email up to my bb rep tomorrow at work if i get a chance. if he tells me ill post back here. im out for the night...til tomorrow...and ill also be on my new bold woop woooooop!!! ill keep everyone posted tomorrow if i get word.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    this is the email that is associated with your blackberry messenger and the server that host the blackberry messenger, you should get the email in the account that is set as default in your phone, this account is used to wiresly sync your contact or restore them in case you need to reinstall the bbm5, nothing to be worried about, and finally is legit....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ahhh there's my buddy with the answers lol...so if its sent to the PC we should sent to ë and go to he site and go throught whatever it wants huh?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    this is the email that is associated with your blackberry messenger and the server that host the blackberry messenger, you should get the email in the account that is set as default in your phone, this account is used to wiresly sync your contact or restore them in case you need to reinstall the bbm5, nothing to be worried about, and finally is legit....
    Not sure that makes since to me. My contacts are backed up on my media card and my default email on my curve is my device email yet I am getting the emails on my hotmail account.

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah. But, as I stated, I have been getting them at all email addresses that I have set up on my BB. I have not received this email on my BB email addy or on the BB itself. Just on my PC and laptop. I am wary of this because if it is from RIM, I would think that it would be sent to my BB directly.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    go to edit my info, scroll all the way down and set any email account on there and you should stop receiving that email in other accounts, you will receive one, then if you need to delete and reinstall bbm5 once installed again the recovery process will start automatically and it will look some like this

When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok, cool. I set one of my email addys as the default (the same as my BB default), although I have not received any confirmation email of this at that addy. I have no reason to uninstall/reinstall at this time to see the screen you have posted, because right now the app is working great for me. Unless you are stating that I have to do this in order to have my current choice recognized. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I received 2 of those emails to the same email address. None of my other ones.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    Ok, cool. I set one of my email addys as the default (the same as my BB default), although I have not received any confirmation email of this at that addy. I have no reason to uninstall/reinstall at this time to see the screen you have posted, because right now the app is working great for me. Unless you are stating that I have to do this in order to have my current choice recognized. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.
    nope thats an screenshot from the beta test process when i had to do it...

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I got the same email right after I added bbm 5.0 and restored my device settings after switching my device. It used an email I don't use often but I think it just picked it randomly and then it actually went to the correct email. I'm sure this is what was mentioned previously by ealvnv and is legit.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    If im correct the phone processes the email to verify the user and the phone. It never showed up on my phone, but it shows up in outlook. Im assuming bbm processes the email.

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have not installed BBM 5.0. I am receiving these emails. Any thoughts.

I recently installed OS 4.6.0.282 0n my Bold - the BBM version is 4.6.0. I have been getting messages from 5.0 users.

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    It happens when you install BBM 5.0.8. You actually don't see it on your BB, it gets pushed but it has a code that gets processed by your BB locking your PIN and other identifiers so no one else can claim to be your phone. It's sent because BBM 5.0 is beta, it was meant to control it's use (didn't work very well), I'd assume. If you used and alternate email besides your BB address it will show up in your inbox when you use a computer to log in.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12