Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who knows about this emial people are getting from blackberry stating Hello, Thank you for ... General Blackberry forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

BB email

Advertisement

Who knows about this emial people are getting from blackberry stating Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team

ive spoken to several people and noone seems to know if this is legit or spam or anything!...anyone have an idea?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmmm I have not received this email. Are you using the new ë 5.0?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have gotten this also and I am not sure what its about. I know I didnt start getting it until I installed the beta messenger.

Well, i work for a local phone company and ive had many older people who dont know what an OS is, asking me about this email and what to do with it. Thing i think is weird is i am on BIS and blackberry sent it to my OTHER emial...not my blackberry one. Why wouldnt they send it to me directly through there network and not my 3rd party emial address?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm. I'm using the new bbm but no email has come my way. Really strange that some get it and others don't.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

yeh...my customers..some are still on 4.3 with the pearls. Curve users on 4.5 are getting them too.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are you using the 5.0 Messenger? If so is your recovery email set for your non-blackberry or your device email? It has nothing to do with the OS it is something with the messenger. Only other thing is that it could be some BB site we have signed into and now there spamming and trying to get info..spyware etc. I really don't know and would like to find out for sure.

Me too..i am using bbm 5.0 but none of my customers who have asked about this are. my fiance is not using 5.0 and she got it too. She doesnt do ANY of the blackberry research and website visiting i do. werd, and i would like to know too.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    After the installation of the Beta BBM I have received these messages as well for all email addresses that I allowed to be backed up by BBM. Spoke to a friend of mine and he said that he thinks the people who were in a rush (like me), who couldn't wait for the traffic congestion to slow down, installed the modified OMIE OTA version, instead of DM installation of the originally leaked beta, were getting the emails. I don't know how true this is, or if it has any credibility. I have not answered or replied to any of the messages myself.

Also one other thing which was weird to me... I only received the emails on my desktop or laptop, but NEVER on my BB.

i was about to say same thing..only in my comp email not on my bb.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    After the installation of the Beta BBM I have received these messages as well for all email addresses that I allowed to be backed up by BBM. Spoke to a friend of mine and he said that he thinks the people who were in a rush (like me), who couldn't wait for the traffic congestion to slow down, installed the modified OMIE OTA version, instead of DM installation of the originally leaked beta, were getting the emails. I don't know how true this is, or if it has any credibility. I have not answered or replied to any of the messages myself.

Also one other thing which was weird to me... I only received the emails on my desktop or laptop, but NEVER on my BB.
    I installed via DM and not OTA. I also only get it on my laptop and PC. Weird!!

i also installed on dm not ota..wasy before ota was released. are we gonna win a million dollars if we respond to it or get some type of virus on our bb for dling early lolol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I installed via DM and not OTA. I also only get it on my laptop and PC. Weird!!
    Well that knocks out the DM/OTA issue, but it sure is weird to me as well.

anyone have any idea on how or who to ask to find this out?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    maybe you should write an email explaining to blackberry support about the situation that everyone is having and maybe they can fix the error that has been bothering a lot of people who have receive the message as well as you did. i wouldn't open it, i would just send a report about it to blackberry support to get help. well sometimes you can open the message to see if they really sent it if so you should get some answers to why they did that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast