What is the actual operating system that runs the software on the BB's? There is ... General Blackberry forum

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3

Post BB Direct Operating System

Advertisement

What is the actual operating system that runs the software on the BB's? There is an Oracle SKU# inside the battery compartment, so is it Oracle? Im looking for a flash player that will allow me to do stuff like pepsi points from my 8110 pearl... Any info is good info, as long as you know what you are talking about.
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I cant give you an answer as far as to what actual OS runs the BB because I am not sure I understand it. I can however answer the question about a flash player. There is not one it is not supported by BB.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    what its not j2me , java micro ? the developer I work with says its close and porting berry aps to generic java is not hard, that said it would be possible to develop a java compatible flash type player and switch it over. rim has developers tools and a set of modules,api's availabe to people wanting to try their hand at application development. and even has a way to have your app signed by rim for security purposes. it depends on what level your app will interact with the device . some thing simple like a short cut to a favorite site would need to invoke the browser and there fore wold need a signature but a new set of icons may not, but go to the black berry site and get them and play with them its free i believe.