Last night, we got my wife a new Bold 9700...it's a great phone. I'm still ... General Blackberry forum

Glenn J no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Desktop Manager: Can't find Yahoo

Advertisement

Last night, we got my wife a new Bold 9700...it's a great phone. I'm still using my trusty 8310. I upgraded the desktop software on our home PC with the newer version (v5.0.1 ?) I'm pretty sure it's the same version I have work.

I back my phone up via yahoo...calendar, contacts, ect. My wife's phone is tied to outlook. Setting up her phone was cake. And syc took 20-30 seconds. Cool!

I plugged my phone in and the software went through the "new phone connected for the first time" song and dance. Now, when I went to set up sync for my phone, it only had outlook, outlook express or ascii file available for sync options. I must have spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get yahoo in there. Am I missing something? It works fine on my work pc with yahoo. How do I get that to show up as a sync option?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? I'm at a total loss here.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I have the latest version of DM, Glenn and it's showing Yahoo in the list of options. You might want to do a complete uninstall of DM and then reinstall again.

There's a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature with instructions on how to do a "clean" uninstall of DM. There's also a link to download the latest DM from RIM.

Let us know if this helps!

Roger

Thanks Roger! I too found it odd that Yahoo wasn't in there. Although, I remember it being somewhat of an issue when I installed it on my work computer. For that machine though, I used the download. On my home machine, I installed the software from the CD that came with the 9700. I don't see how that could make a difference; as long as the versions are the same.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sometimes you need to completely remove a piece of older software in order for a newer version to function properly. Something to do with registry entries mucking things up. I'd try this route and see if it doesn't help. Be aware, though, that if you have any device OS's on the PC, those will likely be uninstalled right along with the Desktop Manager.