Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and also to Blackberry, so Im hoping someone ... General Blackberry forum

cssil07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question on having multiple contact groups on the Blackberry

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and also to Blackberry, so Im hoping someone can help. I have a bb 7520 from nextel & use desktop manager to sync w/my outlook.

Ive looked around for this answer to no avail. My question is that I have multiple contact "groups" in outlook and I dont want to merge them when I go to sync my bb with my desktop. Does anyone know of a way to create multiple address books or multiple contact "groups" on the bb or is there 3rd party software that can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: one group is for my personal contacts and the other group is contacts for my business. There are several hundred in each group (not sure if that matters) so it would be a huge pain to do the sync and then have them all combine into one address book/group on my phone.
    Last edited by cssil07; 04-03-2007 at 06:30 PM.

ChrisBlack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24E5704A

Re: BB contacts question

with "groups" do u mean "categories"? because u can organize your contacts with this method.

anyway I recommend u, to backup your outlook and BB before sync.

cssil07 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have two contact "groups" set up in Outlook, so if you were to open my Outlook and click on "contacts" you would see one group called "personal" and called "business" and they are totally separate. So far I haven't synced anything to the phone yet, so the phone has nothing on it. I do have a backup of my Outlook though.

The ideal thing would be for me to have 2 address books on my phone or something similar. I've looked at blackberries before and I've never seen them set up this way, I've only seen where you click on "contacts" and it brings up a list of all of them. So Im not even sure if what Im asking is possible to do.
    Last edited by cssil07; 04-03-2007 at 06:34 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

essentially, i think you could create two 'groups' but i really don't think you are going to get the results you want...for instance, i tried to create a group called 'pinstack'. when adding users, if the said user had a phone AND PIN associated, it wanted me to choose which one to put in the group...not the whole contact...i think the group option is for prolly sending out group messages.

you might be able to find a third party app that does what you are looking for (reminds me of my old palm). try www.handango.com

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Your BB has one address book. That's it.

You can use categories to organize them and that's about as close as you can get to what you're looking for. You'll either need to have all your contacts in one place on Outlook or configure Intellisync so that it knows about the secondary contacts folder. By default it only syncs with the default Contacts folder.

Have you tried the search or categories filter on the BB (guessing you haven't since you haven't synced yet)? You might want to give it a shot before assuming that it's a PITA.