Another positive thread here for the Blackberries. Most of you know about the recent events ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BB Comes Through During Emergencies...

Advertisement

Another positive thread here for the Blackberries.

Most of you know about the recent events that took place in Nashville. At times like this, it shows how a Blackberry device really goes above and beyond the expectations.

With phone lines and power lines down and all circuits being busy because of being overloaded with people trying to make calls, the BB came through on its ability to email, text, phone, message other people in the area to communicate locations and to coordinate meeting up.

Regular cell devices would have been able to SMS message obviously, however they would not have had the ability to do it so quickly and correctly, nor be able to keep in contact with those using their emails and laptops.

It was also a vital source for me to be able to be in contact with people out of the area instantly to give them progress reports and information.

Just thought I'd write a little about how my BB performed in the face of an emergency.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BB Comes Through During Emergencies...

Very TRUE.

Good point i think the Blackberry is just as important and flashlight and food in the case of emergencies.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Blackberries became the norm in washington after the tragic events of 9/11 for that very reason. Up until then, they were only used by the most power execs and the geekiests geeks. Its now being used by everyone from secretaries to CEOs in Washington and all around the world.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

That's good news!~ Thanks for sharing N8DBB. = )
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~