I have a working data connection (can browse the web just fine) and I can ... General Blackberry forum

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down BB can send, can't receive email or PIN

Advertisement

I have a working data connection (can browse the web just fine) and I can send PINs and emails. However, nothing sent to me comes in. Also, when I send a PIN, there is no verification that it has been delivered (indicating one-way communication). A diagnostic test confirms that PIN email is not functioning.

Blackberry tech support has been less than useless. They've had me wipe my device and reinstall my OS and the problem remains. They said they will investigate it and get back to me in a couple days.

This is not the kind of service I'm paying for. I'd like to fix this myself and tell them to take a leap when they get around to calling me back.

Has anyone seen this problem and fixed it?

BTW...phone is an ATT 8820.

Thanks!

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2
    did you try to resend service books? sometimes that fixes the email problem. Or try to reregister under "host routing table"

Many times. No luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This really sucks. Last night at least everything would send through my wifi network at my house but since wiping the device and reinstalling the OS, I can connect to my network but I just get the yellow icon next to the connection and nothing works on wifi.

God I hate tier 1 support and their retarded attempts at fixing problems.

If anyone has suggestions on wifi setup for 8820 on AT&T, I'd love to hear it.

Ok...finally got it sorted...mostly.

For some reason that is as yet unknown, my PIN became locked. Now everything (including WIFI) is back to normal.

However, now I am rebuilding my system. All of my service books are coming through but I'm only showing the main message icon whereas I had an individual icon for each email account before. Is there something basic I'm forgetting here?

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    i know you have your emails set up but got through the email set-up again and almost instantly you should start getting emails again and it should sort the problem for you i had same issue a few times after wiping the os on my curve and re-installing
    Last edited by crazy_cajun; 06-10-2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: left info out
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

Actually, my PIN was locked at RIMs end for some reason. They don't know how it happened and are going to get back with me.

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    wow that sux hope they get it sorted for you soon so you can start using your BB fully again
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.