How it should work: 1) Select a time using a calendar view 2) Choose "New ... General Blackberry forum

scottmcn no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Calendar Lacking Basic Feature

Advertisement

How it should work:

1) Select a time using a calendar view
    2) Choose "New appointment"
    3) Link directly to Contacts from the Subject line of the appointment and choose a contact
    4) Save

-5 seconds and you have the calendar entry.
    -No slow re-typing of a name that you already have in your contacts list.
    -No tedious auto-emails zipping about to "attendees" when you have already arranged the meeting via phone or in person.
    -You have a link to the contact's phone and email right there in the appointment where you would want it.

I cannot believe that this super-basic functionality is not included in BB software. Has anyone seen an app that offers this? It is common in the Windows and Palm worlds, but I have looked at Agendus and Pocket Informant for BB with no luck.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't get it...

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as it is you choose your time and date, two clicks and you're creating an appointment. Type out the subject, then click once more to invite attendee. This can be a single contact, or a contacts group. Its that easy. How much easier do you want it to be? I don't get what's missing... How's it done in the WM6 or Palm world?

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    I know, BB email cannot be any easier than what it is. Goto calendar, press the button, and it automatically goes to new appt right there. Even if youre on the wrong date, you can change it from there along with the time. You have attendees section where the appt be emailed to them, if they have an email address. When you back out, it ask you to save. How much easier can it be?? Maybe if you play with it more than once, you will see.

scottmcn no está en línea Stack level 1

Explanation

Thanks to all for the replies. I got a good tip for working around this elsewhere: I add an attendee and then copy and paste the attendee into the subject field and delete the attendee.

The issue is that the BB seems to be all about meetings with co-workers that are assumed to be online, expecting to communicate via email, and meeting about different issues at different times. A small business owner like a landscaper, house cleaner, financial planner, caterer, massage therapist, etc. is likely to have the same subject for an appointment, i.e. cut grass, clean house... This isn't very useful to display in a calendar. On the other hand, the customer's name is the thing that they would want to see when they are scanning their appointments in day or week view.

This works in Agenda One for Windows Mobile. You can get the appointment scheduled while you are on the phone with someone without making your caller wait for you to peck out a subject. The whole invitee email thing can be kind of redundant and awkward when your customers are not necessarily checking email daily and they called you on the phone to schedule the appointment in the first place.

Comes down to a different type of use. I was not aware that BB was so specifically tailored to inter-office email but as I mentioned, I have a workaround.

Thanks again

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Oh now I get it. Yea I guess when you put it that way it seems like a missing feature but, that's not necessarily practical for everyone. Still I can see how keeping the current feature set and adding what you've mentioned would make the bb calendar more appealing to more people~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~