So my BB curve broke on me.. The pins in the port where you stick ... General Blackberry forum

xgrooveriderx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB broke.. Need help transfering to another BB

Advertisement

So my BB curve broke on me.. The pins in the port where you stick the mini USB charger into the phone broke so i cant charge my phone or get data off of it. I received my new curve in the mail today and was wondering if there is another way to transfer all my info to my new BB. I cant connect via mini usb to transfer it to my desktop and so forth... Any ideas or am i screwed and have to start fresh?

Thanks

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I know you can connect by bluetooth and at the very least transfer you address book, pictures and stuff. If you wirelessly sync calendar or anything else, that might be helpful. As far as applications, there's no way to transfer them wirelessly.

What specifically are you looking to transfer over?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    there would be no way unless your PC has bluetooth then you could connect to your pc by Bluetooth and backup the data and then transfer it to the new device.

i was thinking of getting a blue tooth device for my PC.. I wasn't sure if i could do it that way..

i want to transfer all my contacts, E-mails, Messages SMS, memopad, and tasks..

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    A cheap USB bluetooth dongle is only like $15 from newegg.com
    You can transfer address book easily. I'm running on Linux, so I'm not sure what you can and can't transfer with the Desktop Manager.
    Can anyone confirm if the Transfer Wizard will work over BT?

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Here is an article/How to do, Transfer files between devices using Bluetooth
    http://www.cio.com/article/334513/Bl...ng_Bluetooth/2
    Maybe it will help.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Can anyone confirm if the Transfer Wizard will work over BT?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    When was the last time you did a back up of the old Curve? If it was right before it broke, then you should have a fairly recent backup of your stuff. Connect the new Curve to see when the backup was, and restore the information to it.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you connect your blackberry to the pc using bluetooth and have Desktop Manager installed you can do a full backup of your device using the DM software and then restore it to the new device.