Been doing some research lately and considering the purchase of a new device. Being a ... General Blackberry forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

BB 8700 vs. 8300 series QWERTY keyboard differences.

Advertisement

Been doing some research lately and considering the purchase of a new device. Being a relatively moderate user of my BB on a day to day basis the QWERTY is very important to me.

What are the differences, if any between the keyboards on the 8300 series phones verses the 8700 series? Upon casual glance I can't see any. I have field tested a few Curve's in stores and find it to be a little harder to type on them compared to my current 8703e. I thought on a side to side comparision that these devices looked the same keyboard wise.

I have to type pretty much one handed with the Curve, where the 8703 can be done two handed. I think that this might be partly do to the depth and size of the Curve as far as it's thickness. Thoughts/opinions/experiences on that from actual users of the two devices?

A very great device. Feels good in the hand, lightweight, good tactile feel of the keyboard, and solid running trackball.

My other option is the 8830, as it seems that I can type "two thumbed" with it like I am used to fairly comfortably with fewer mistakes. I am not real impressed with the closeness of the keys, or the feel of the keys when typing, but I might be able to live with it.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: BB 8700 vs. 8300 series QWERTY keyboard differences.

i love the 83XX series... its smaller than the 88xx by a little bit, lighter, and a lot more stylish with the 2mp camera, and its very easy to use. I can type two handed or one handed with my curve. whichever i choose.
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com