Yesterday, I upgraded a co-worker's 8310 to 4.5. Afterwards he and I were talking about ... General Blackberry forum

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616

Battery pull - restart time?

Advertisement

Yesterday, I upgraded a co-worker's 8310 to 4.5. Afterwards he and I were talking about microSD cards. He didn't have one and wanted to know where it went. I pulled the battery and showed him. When I put his battery back in and flipped his phone over, it was ready to use in a matter of seconds. I'm thinking 15-20 seconds before it was ready. This kinda freaked me out as my 8320 takes quite a bit longer. I just pulled my battery to time it and it takes 2 1/2 minutes before I get my TMO splash screen and another 30 seconds before it does the security check. It is about 3 1/2 minutes before my phone is usable after a pull.

Why would his 8310 be so quick and my 8320 be so slow? What is "normal"??

Thanks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Reboot time depends on how much information the device has to load before starting up. Therefore the more apps themes etc... the longer the boot time. 2 to 3 minutes to me sounds perfectly normal. I am sure someone can explain this better but this would be my explanation of differences in boot time.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Like moderncowboy said, boot times do vary. And I'm with him, the "average" is about 2 or 3 minutes anything less or more does not mean there is a problem unless it took an hour to boot, then one would want to troubleshoot the issue. Another way to look at it, is to remember that a BlackBerry is a computer "a mini laptop if you will". Thus boot times are very similar.

Cheers...

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    I have noticed the first few boots take a while but it get shorter for the most part as time goes by, but after an os upgrade it seems to take forever to boot then returns to normal after normal use.