New to the BB, fresh out of a WM straight jacket, and am loving my ... General Blackberry forum

KyleBuch no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Life

Advertisement

New to the BB, fresh out of a WM straight jacket, and am loving my BB.
    Still trying to figure out all the tips and tricks...
    I am using a 8130 on Sprints network...
    I think the battery life has been a little weak thus far.... After tinkering with the phone, i noticed i could deactivate my GPS signal. I assumed that it would probably be best to disable it to preserve battery life. But i wanted to make sure it was alright and wouldnt have and null effects.
    Thanks in advance!
    Kyle

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    That's ok to disable . It helps some programs like Tel nav GPS and other GPS programs find your location faster.

Will I see any improvment in battery life? As of now I am having to recharge after about 6 hours.I know sometimes the battery just needs to be broken in so I hope that is the case~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    What is running in the background other than the GPS? That will drain the battery also. I just bought the seidio extended battery---I have an 8310 and can run two full heavy use days without charging.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    you know what i noticed though. everytime i get a new device, i always drain the battery relatively quickly and thats just because your getting use to device and playing with the settings and setting it up to your liking. once all is said and done and the phones settings are the way you want i bet you will notice better battery life.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    That's kinda low, 6 hours... Even with substantial use I do get at least 24 hours.

Try turning the Wireless OFF when you are not using it, and see if it makes a difference.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    or you can put it on standyby
    its the mute key on top of your phone just hold it and a screen will show up saying its going on standyby mode to turn off standby just clik the mute key again

You can do this when you need your phone on but to take up less battery

Ive noticed an improvment today. Stretched the battery life to a full day of average use. I am definitely consifering the seidio battery though~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good investment. Here's the one for the 8110/8120/8130. http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=971

rysbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I first got my 8130, it'll my battery would drained out right before I get off work. I would have my mp3 playing the entire time with some calls and texting. My seidio battery arrived yesterday and I'm going back tomorrow so I hope this one will last a lot longer.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~