Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you say is the normal life of a battery for your average user ... General Blackberry forum

betteronholiday no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery life

Advertisement

What would you say is the normal life of a battery for your average user (several emails daily, and a bit of web browsing now & again)?

Had my 8320 for a year and a bit now on a data only plan, so no calls, and battery seems to be totally zapped. It doesn't even hold its charge for the length of the working day anymore.

Just curious to know if this is about the average lifespan for a battery, with this having been my first BB.

Cheers.

JodyLawson no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

battery life

I have the Storm and i would say that i am a average user if not a little beyond average. I check my emails daily and pretty much have shut down my PC at home. With that being said i will charge it at night and when i wake up i can use it that day and when i go to bed i typically still have between 25-35% left. Now the question you have to ask is what is your signal like while you are trying to use your blackberry? If you dont have good signal throughout the day then your battery will probably drain throughout the day. This is just what i have noticed with my storm since i have had it.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Could be that your battery is just "wearing out" and/or you have some programs running that weren't closed. To check programs running....depress alt then backspace....while continuing to hold the alt key, scroll to the program you want to close then release alt key to view....exit or close from menu now. Good luck...
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    if you want to solve your battery problem, get the extended battery from Seidio. A little pricy, but you can go 18 hrs of heavy data usage on one charge. I just got mine Monday for my 8900, and had the same one for my Bold. I really like it.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I charge my 8900 nightly. I do some browsing, texting and email all day. Sometimes I listen to a few hours of music. I've never run out of juice. I bet your battery is tired.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm on mine from 4am-10pm. I need the big battery. Lol.

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    betteronholiday, did the battery seem to lose its ability to hold a charge gradually, or overnight? I've had my BB for only six months and I do the basic every day: check/send email several times per hour, make/receive a few calls, don't use the browser (I sit at a computer all day).

I could usually get by with charging my Curve every other day, but yesterday afternoon the battery started draining real fast. I charged it fully last night after auto shut-off, and it remained off until auto-on this morning at 6, and the battery was already down to 65%. It's now an hour and a half later and the battery's at 55%. Would you all say my battery is tired, too, even though I have only had it six months with light usage?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sounds like the battery didn't fully charge. Was it charged fully when it was off?
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    YES! I mentioned that I had fully charged it, and it was off until auto-on in the morning.

betteronholiday no está en línea Stack level 2
    My batteries ability to hold its charge seems to have got worse over time, as I guess you'd expect a battery that was in regular use to. However, a more and more frequent occurrence is that I'll fully charge the battery, then turn the device off overnight, only to turn it on again the next morning, to be greeted by a nigh on flat battery once more.

Of course I don't expect a battery to last forever, I was just more wanting to ascertain what the average life of one was for a Blackberry from others experiences, having never owned one prior to this before.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    How is your signal strength? When I had Verizon, my 8330 had to be charged a couple times a day to stay in the land of the living. Signal here at my home was very weak and it was always searching. Since switching to sprint, I have much better signal and most nights I plug it in with 50% charge left. I have to agree with the above posts, the Seidio extended battery is the way to go. It sounds like your battery is worn out anyway, and you will never regret the extra juice.
    Andy

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    if you want to solve your battery problem, get the extended battery from Seidio. A little pricy, but you can go 18 hrs of heavy data usage on one charge. I just got mine Monday for my 8900, and had the same one for my Bold. I really like it.
    Chokem, does the extended battery require a larger battery door for your 8900?
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Chokem, does the extended battery require a larger battery door for your 8900?
    yes, it comes with the 2600 mAh extended battery. Its a really nice feeling rubberized plastic, and once you get used to the slight added thickness, you dont even realize it. Im on mine, as I stated, 18 hrs a day and dont have to charge it at all. I just plug it in at night while I sleep and Im good to go for the entire day. Im using a standard OEM bold holster for it because of the added thickness. Seidio sells both a vertical and horizontal leather holster, just for the added thickness, but save yourself some money and just get a Bold OEM holster on ebay for $12. I wouldnt be without one of these batteries. Whats worse than your phone dying and you dont have any way to charge it?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    yes, it comes with the 2600 mAh extended battery. Its a really nice feeling rubberized plastic, and once you get used to the slight added thickness, you dont even realize it. Im on mine, as I stated, 18 hrs a day and dont have to charge it at all. I just plug it in at night while I sleep and Im good to go for the entire day. Im using a standard OEM bold holster for it because of the added thickness. Seidio sells both a vertical and horizontal leather holster, just for the added thickness, but save yourself some money and just get a Bold OEM holster on ebay for $12. I wouldnt be without one of these batteries. Whats worse than your phone dying and you dont have any way to charge it?
    Dropping it in the toilet. Scratch that, dropping it in a public toilet.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Dropping it in the toilet. Scratch that, dropping it in a public toilet.
    You got me on that one.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast