Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a curve 8310 and I ran the battery completely dead. How long on ... General Blackberry forum

slscarbo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448acbb

battery charging

Advertisement

I have a curve 8310 and I ran the battery completely dead. How long on the charger does it normally take before the phone will turn back on?

Stacey

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by slscarbo View Post
    I have a curve 8310 and I ran the battery completely dead. How long on the charger does it normally take before the phone will turn back on?

Stacey
    Did that recently by accident. Shouldn't be but a few minutes but leave it plugged in for charging while you use it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. It's not a good idea to run the battery all the way dead either.

PIN/ID
    2448acbb
    didn't plan on it just happened. I wonder if my charger is working has been plugged in awhile and will not start back. When I get it to turn on it says 0 on the battery meter and then turns back off.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Are you using a wall charger or a USB connected to your PC?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by slscarbo View Post
    didn't plan on it just happened. I wonder if my charger is working has been plugged in awhile and will not start back. When I get it to turn on it says 0 on the battery meter and then turns back off.
    Sounds like either the charger isn't working or you have a USB port issue.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Happened to my wife one time, I did a batter pull and then plugged it back in and it started charging....

Make sure if you are using your usb on your computer that it is a new usb version 2.0, Older computer running usb 1 will not charge your phone (a computer at work has old and it says insufficient charge when I plug it in)
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    2448acbb
    I was using a wall charger. I have tried two other chargers(a wall charger and my car charger) same results. Even went and borrowed a coworkers battery and it will try to cut on and then after it verifies security software the screen goes black(turns off) and the phone is not on? It my phone dead? I did get it wet 3 weeks ago but it has worked great since then any suggestions?
    Stacey

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    As always, all the information you can offer in the beginning will save you alot of time..

I hope you have insurance on it and good luck. Maybe hit up your local ATT store and ask them to take a quick look.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    2448acbb
    just looked again adn thought hey lets try a different sim card. I know that really shouldn't make a differenct but I tried and after it went blank noticed that the screen appeared very faint. put my hand over and saw that the display is on, bumped the charger cord and it went out, bumped again and it came back on(faintly) I went to power it down and it said that the battery was empty shutting down, so it looks like I could potentially have a problem with the usb charger, how else can I figure this out, also is this a repair I can do my self I remember seeing them for sale at cnn.cn?
    Stacey

Sure sounds like a horked USB port from what you've just posted. Unless you're pretty savvy technically it's not something we'd recommend you do yourself.

How old is the phone? If you're inside a year, you might be able to get a replacement.

In the meantime you could get yourself an auxiliary charger for the battery, the only downside being you still wouldn't be able to sync your device, if you do that.

www.bbrepairshop.com can fix it for you, but you'll be without your device and they're kinda pricey.

PIN/ID
    2448acbb
    yes I bought it in Feb. but didn't i void my warranty when I got it wet(now they won't replace the phone right?)
    Stacey

Stacey,

The phone was working despite you getting it wet, wasn't it? You're not wanting to replace it because of that. You're replacing it because of a damaged or defective USB port. Do you have insurance?

There are lots of Stackers who work for AT&T who might be able to assist you before taking the next step, otherwise it sounds as though you could get a replacement.

Roger

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    they wont give you a replacement if the water damage indicator shows that there was water damage

Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    they wont give you a replacement if the water damage indicator shows that there was water damage
    Correct. There should be a small (hopefully white) square somewhere inside the device around the SIM card. If it is still white, you're golden. If it's pink or red or has a red X, then they'll be able to tell it has water damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast