As a result of some deal with the OSC regarding backdating of things. But still... ... General Blackberry forum

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Balsillie stepping down?

Advertisement

As a result of some deal with the OSC regarding backdating of things. But still...

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2009/0...wn-from-board/

(I searched for Balsillie, but didn't find any posts on this.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This will be a very interesting story to follow. Since the violations are in the past , it is possible if RIM is so inclined, to make pretty fast work of this and get it behind them. At this point the faster they get it out of the press the better off they will be. As far as the personnel change(s) hopefully that will not shake things up in too much of a negative way. Only time will tell.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    My thinking was given the firestorm Balsillie created with his "deal with it" comment, a new more sympathetic face on the company would be welcomed. But I don't know in what capacity, if any, he will continue to serve.

~via smartphone~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via smartphone~
    He's being made to remove himself from the Board of Directors for a minimum of one year.
    Makes you wonder what causes rich successful people to pull this kind of stuff. The stock transactions of insiders in publicly traded companies are scrutinized by government...
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-06-2009 at 11:11 AM.