Does anyone else have a problem with a wobbly mini-USB jack? Well, I shouldn't say ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Bad mini-USB jack ?

Advertisement

Does anyone else have a problem with a wobbly mini-USB jack? Well, I shouldn't say wobbly. It doesn't feel any different than other mini-USB phones. But when I plug into my PC, I get that familiar Windows sound for USB plug in - only it happens with a double sound (almost like you're plugging in two devices). And the slightest movement of the BB while plugged in will cause it to disconnect and reconnect. I've tried with 3 different mini-USB cables and all do the same thing. I've also checked out my old Moto phone and it doesn't have this issue. So it must be the Pearl.

Is this normal or do I maybe have a bad jack? It doesn't seem to have a charging problem - either with the PC or via wall plug.
    Last edited by NickAC; 01-22-2008 at 10:29 AM.

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Re: Bad mini-USB jack ?

Yeah you know my phone does the same thing. I have to keep the phone still or it makes that sound. You know the dinging noise and sometimes if even disconnects from the computer. And my fiances bb does the same thing I don't think its just yours it seems like they all do it. Why I'm not sure though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

when you connect the phone it probably discoveres the media card.. Since the charging is not affected by this, I would say its not the cable nor the connection.. seems like were closer to the mediacard

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I broke one on a 7105t 2 yrs ago lol I had the charging problems, etc until I realized what I had done.

tjsgal no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24238EE4

mine does the same thing. Although now when i go to plug it in and load the desktop manager it goes to not responding.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for all the confirmations - makes me feel better that I'm not alone!

Sci-Tek, I've tried plugging it in without any media card inserted, and it does the same thing. Do you think it's still searching for the missing card when it gives this double sound?