I wanted to search the Stacks before asking this, I can only find some of ... General Blackberry forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Backup and Restore

Advertisement

I wanted to search the Stacks before asking this, I can only find some of the info I wanted... (I feel like such a newbie asking this.)

Well my Pearl is my first Berry, I fell inlove with blackberrys and knew this day would be coming sooner or later, but I've decided on the 8120 for my 2nd device and I need to know if all my 3rd party apps and themes can be restored on my new Berry.

Also... (here's the newbie question), what is the Exact process of moving my info from one device for another. I've backed up before but never had to restore...

The new Berry will be in my hands April 14th, first thing in the morning, I'll be using it before the actual backup and restore... but never doing it before, I wanna make sure I can do it right! I'm so exited!
    Last edited by Justyn; 04-04-2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: spell fix
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    in desktop manager, there is a icon for device transfer wizard. you will connect the device you have now and it will do a complete backup of the device including 3rd party apps and then it will prompt you to connect the new device and it will transfer the backup. its as easy as BlueBERRY pie

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds easy, thx

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    The only thing to remember about Device transfer wizard Justyn is that sometimes it doesn't transfer everything over so be sure to backup first using DM.
    Your 3rd party apps are registered to your current BB's PIN so you may have to purchase new licenses, depending on what apps they are - in some cases you can email them and explain you've switched device.
    Some of them will require you to repurchase.
    Jive Talk you'll have to have purchased multi-license.
    Just depends what you have.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thx 4 letting me know Lava. I think the only apps I've actually paid for were some games from Handango and Noah Bible Viewer, and I have the zips saved. Might take me a while to locate all the OTAs I've done

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea like she said make sure you do a backup before trying anything. you shouldnt have any probs but if you do, you know where to go

PIN/ID
    n/a
    So will my BIS accounts transfer over too? I just got it today and can't transfer at work, so it's gonna be a while before I do my backup and transfer to new device.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You have to transfer the BIS accounts yourself (or I did with AT&T anyway). If you log into your BIS account there is a tab under "settings" called "Change Device". You just have to click that and put in your new PIN and IMEI numbers and you're good to go.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    So my contacts should all transfer over too right? Sorry for the Noob questions, this is my second Berry and the first time I would have to do this?